• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL speakers are they really that good?

I have a soft spot for older JBL speakers mainly from a sentimental standpoint. I inherited a single C38 2-way from my late father. I've rebuilt the crossover to restore the sound as best I could and recently added a stereo mate. Do they sound as good as my modern Sonus Faber's? No, of course not. But playing my father's original RCA Living Stereo & Mercury Living Prescence LPs through them allows me to hear this same music as he did so many decades ago. This spiritual connection with my father made it worth the effort and money for me to restore these. And with good source material and inputs, it is surprising how good 1950s HiFi can sound even today.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom