• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Just bought JVC Delmonico 225 - looking for tips on replacing belt or any info

fantasmograp

New Member
Hi there,

I bought this JVC Delmonico 225 (http://imgur.com/a/Q0YtJ for the full set of pictures) record console off Craigslist to use as a sidetable, and when I picked it up the girl selling it told me it would work if I got a new belt. I've looked online at tips for how to measure replacement belts but this one doesn't have an inner rim to size off of (or an old belt). I've included some pictures of the inside--I was wondering if anyone has any ideas (or general tips on how to install a belt).

I'm brand new to anything vintage audio-related but I'm really excited about this. I'd love to know when it's from if anyone is familiar, or any other advice you have (before cleaning it--that's the first thing I'll do).

Thanks very much!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi there,

I bought this JVC Delmonico 225 (http://imgur.com/a/Q0YtJ for the full set of pictures) record console off Craigslist to use as a sidetable, and when I picked it up the girl selling it told me it would work if I got a new belt. I've looked online at tips for how to measure replacement belts but this one doesn't have an inner rim to size off of (or an old belt). I've included some pictures of the inside--I was wondering if anyone has any ideas (or general tips on how to install a belt).

I'm brand new to anything vintage audio-related but I'm really excited about this. I'd love to know when it's from if anyone is familiar, or any other advice you have (before cleaning it--that's the first thing I'll do).

Thanks very much!

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

The turn table is not a belt drive, probably a idler drive.

Here is a link to a previous/old ( July 27, 2008 ) thread about the JVC unit. :music:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/delmonico-nivico-model-219-any-info.176262/
 
Thank you, and thanks for the link! Lots of helpful info in there--managed to get the idler drive to play 33's; going to have to mess with the speakers but off to a good start.
 
Back
Top Bottom