• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just got new amp - living room setup done

The resemblance stops there as the Phillips isn't even close to being in the same league.

I would assume that that means that the Technics SE-A series (A3 and A5 - MKII) were heavy hitters in terms of amplifiers? (sorry just learning this stuff). Would that mean that the philips was and is middle of the road?
 
WAF is a funny thing... you might be surprised if you can't sway her with sound.. GOOD sound.. sneek in some vinyl while she is out of the room... My wife today passed on some bad ass furniture JBL's for some big ugly Altecs stacked to the ceiling (no joke)

Some times you might be surprised with how you can change their minds.. I never thought altec A7-500s would be the keepers just because of sound over looks

Same thing here. When she first came, they got the eye for sure.(A7s) she is a music lover, and once she heard her music over them, she liked them. I am building what I consider a more WAF friendly JBL speaker and when I mentioned possibly selling the A7s, she suggested I keep them for another room! she will even turn on my frankenstein laboratory KT 88 tube amp, with seperate switching for the heaters and B+! Is she a winner or what? Listening to Emmylou Harris sing "Lonely street" on vinyl sold her immediately.

Russellc
 
Back
Top Bottom