• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale; a tale of a fateful...

Thanks for the read, some parts are similar to my own past. Welcome to AK:music:

Thank you!

I do think a lot of audiophiles have a similar path as what I experienced. Maybe the only exception might be that I actively stepped away and won't ever return to high-end. Even if I could afford it, I don't think I would do it - the ROI just isn't there for me. I'm already getting an emotional response with my new budget system at $950US.
 
Welcome to the Land of Sound; AK.

Well, that was quite the entrance.

Detailed, coherent for the most part, and carefully crafted in chronically expressed time periods sharing both your background and knowledge base of gear and music.
Bravo!:trebon:

I noticed in the matrix of your words the struggle that is common for those, caught up in the obsession of gear and the actual enjoyment of the results of ownership. This happens to some.

At this time, I hope that you are more settled in where you are at in your life and what you listen to for enjoyment.

I look forward to reading future shares that you may deem of importance to the AK Crew.:bye:


Q
 
Welcome to the Land of Sound; AK.

Well, that was quite the entrance.

Detailed, coherent for the most part, and carefully crafted in chronically expressed time periods sharing both your background and knowledge base of gear and music.
Bravo!:trebon:

I noticed in the matrix of your words the struggle that is common for those, caught up in the obsession of gear and the actual enjoyment of the results of ownership. This happens to some.

At this time, I hope that you are more settled in where you are at in your life and what you listen to for enjoyment.

I look forward to reading future shares that you may deem of importance to the AK Crew.:bye:


Q

Thank you so much for the warm welcome @Quadman2 . Initially, I wrote the post in 2 minutes and it was a paragraph long. Maybe I should've went with that. LOL. But the more I read it, the more I felt the need to explain and add to it. Hours later..voila. LOL.

I think it's important for all of us, as a society, to know where we have been and what makes us tick. I think it makes us more human, and perhaps, more cordial toward each other. Be it audio or otherwise.
 
Thank you so much for the warm welcome @Quadman2 . Initially, I wrote the post in 2 minutes and it was a paragraph long. Maybe I should've went with that. LOL. But the more I read it, the more I felt the need to explain and add to it. Hours later..voila. LOL.

I think it's important for all of us, as a society, to know where we have been and what makes us tick. I think it makes us more human, and perhaps, more cordial toward each other. Be it audio or otherwise.


:thumbsup:


Q
 
Took me 3 days to read it.. :rflmao:

Awesome intro @TROUBAUDIOR , Welcome to AK..!!! :rockon:

Thank you for responding, @Swokie63 !!

3 days! :cool: I take that as a compliment! My job is done here!!

So, do I have a 2nd career as a writer? Fiction of course. I'm thinking...high-end audiophile who discovers a conspiracy from the highest level of high-end companies to the white house and to the living room of the unsuspecting audiophile who's uaware that a 16Hz hum in his/her low frequencies is possessing his SO to be controlled, ala Stepford.:wtf:

LOL.

Thanks again, Everyone.

T
 
Back
Top Bottom