I’ll post some pics tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.Is there any chance you can post close-up photos of your Super-A assembly?
Oh, I'm sorry, I don't mean to pressure you! I really appreciate your help and feedback.I’ll post some pics tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks Glenn. It looks like:No worries!
Here's a few pics of the two variations of the Super A Bias Board. Top pic is the Japan Victor version, the other U.S. JVC version.
Thanks! My intention is to create open-source versions of the TAD-198 (the original board with resistors and transistors circa 1979) and hopefully the TAD-200 (updated board for 1980+)Hi,
Fantastic work! These amps are special and deserve a proper servicing.
Congratulations! This is nice and hard work! I compared the reverse engineering you did of the Super-A block (TAD-198), and it looks more like Version #1 of the VC5022 integrated circuit. (I have a JVC A-X1 made in 1980, and I really like how Super-A sounds.) Please inform if your first prototype of the new Super-A board met the specifications (voltage, calibration, etc.) in the JVC service manual of your equipment. Thanks.Thanks! My intention is to create open-source versions of the TAD-198 (the original board with resistors and transistors circa 1979) and hopefully the TAD-200 (updated board for 1980+)

