• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JVC R-X400 no output and LCD doing some weird things

rx500b ..the one you said was same .. i cannot find one for 400 model ..
post link to correct one then i will catch up tomorrow .. bed soon then busy long day coming up . dumb arse 4 hour speed awareness course for apparently speeding . i was fitted up but need to prove it yet . first thing i need to replace coil spring on my car that broke earlier today .
 
rx500b ..the one you said was same .. i cannot find one for 400 model ..
post link to correct one then i will catch up tomorrow .. bed soon then busy long day coming up . dumb arse 4 hour speed awareness course for apparently speeding . i was fitted up but need to prove it yet . first thing i need to replace coil spring on my car that broke earlier today .
I was pretty sure it was the same, apparently not. This is nothing new to me though lol. I need to sleep soon too, I have school tomorrow.
 
BTW, I don't think there are any fuse resistors. I think they are 2 watt metal-oxide film.
Well that helps then, I want to replace those resistors that the zeners drew too much current through and I only have normal metal films and only carbon ones I've salvaged off other boards of various ages.
 
Replace like for like. The service manual has a parts list with descriptions. Since you are cheating and using the manual from a different model, you have to confirm the values. Well, you should always confirm the values anyway.
 
Replace like for like. The service manual has a parts list with descriptions. Since you are cheating and using the manual from a different model, you have to confirm the values. Well, you should always confirm the values anyway.
I know. I have four 120 ohm metal film resistors (blue ones). Exactly what I need.
 
So im going to have to take a break from this project for a bit. Of my two soldering irons neither one is up for the job. One is too cold and doesn't meet the solder joints. I know there's some science theory for this, I just forget what it is. The other gets too hot and burns the crap out of the pads if it doesn't burn them off entirely. Plus I'm going out of state on Thursday and won't be back until about Tuesday. After that I will have to save up for a few days for a proper variable temp soldering iron. Any suggestions for this? And I also need to pick out some speakers for this thing. I also want suggestions for this. I'm half tempted to build my own using 45w 6.5" Rockford drivers that seem to have a tweeter instead of a dust cap. I can't find an optimal cabinet volume though so I don't know.
 
I use this one... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B63BTU/
It is temp controlled, but not adjustable. My lesser irons would burn the tips up in no time. This one is working good so far. You can also buy different heating elements to change temperature.
Thank you! I'm sure pretty much any Weller is going to be much better than the cheap Chinese one I was looking at. I just kept seeing the $50 soldering stations that I can only dream of owning at the moment.
 
never had that happen in my life .. it must be a bad arse iron or its faulty . i have even heated tips in a gas flame until red hot but never melted any . could be wrong metal they are made from .
get an antex iron and tips you cant go wrong with them .
 
never had that happen in my life .. it must be a bad arse iron or its faulty . i have even heated tips in a gas flame until red hot but never melted any . could be wrong metal they are made from .
get an antex iron and tips you cant go wrong with them .
I think it was probably the tips, and the fact that I did way too much prying with them. The iron is a Weller buts it's like 60w and meant for cars and other larger stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom