• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kabuki speaker Photo thread

I've got catalogues full of Kabuki.

Here's a beauty:

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • img029.jpg
    img029.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 167
I bought the 88a and 77a at the same time. I thought they sounded pretty much identical so sold the 88a's for nice coin. I still have the 77a's and really like them. With the right amp and the right room they will throw a most impressive soundstage. Very impressive build quality too.


Pioneer's whole range in September 1973 was all Kabuki- these are the top Kabukis:

attachment.php
 
Here's my Kabuki contribution of the day: the Akai SW-175
The 5-Way 6 drivers configuration consists of an alnico magnet 2 x2.5"metal horn tweeter, two 3" metal dome super tweeters, one alnico magnet 2.5" paper cone super tweeter, one 5.25" alnico magnet mid-range and one 15" woofer. Crossover network has high and midrange tone controls.
Measure 25 x 17 x 11 inches, each speaker weighs in at 48 pounds.
 
Back
Top Bottom