• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kanye West...the World's Greatest Rock Star

Salient point. Agreed on that.

Read up on him a bit and will give him his chops. Hip hop isn't my thing but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be someone elses as much as I enjoy hearing these guys describe their creative process in interview.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Kanye a great producer? Of what?
Who is this guy anyway.

I replicated his entire body of work every morning after a good cup of coffee.
 
In rap/hip hop the term "producer" means "the guy who makes the music". He did a lot of Jay-z's big hits before he had a solo career. Like him or not, he's made his money from actual talent.
 
Seriously, at the end of the day
291023acab78d9c49bbe4540546e7c45.jpg
 
Kanye??
Bwahahahahahaha!!!
You guys --- thats too rich, too rich indeed!
 
True, the real standup pillars of hardcore have stuck around primarily because of personality. But a lot of hardcore (cro mags, circle jerks, tons of straight edge bands) definitely operated on an inflated ego. Not to mention personalities like Greg Ginn and thurston Moore.

The other thing is that a lot of proto-punk and modern punk are VERY ego driven, and just as horizontal in their inspiration.

Very good point. I'm a huge fan of David Byrne and the Talking Heads, but, at least according to the rest of the band, Byrne's ego and his desire to control every aspect of their music drove the band to its inevitable awkward break up.

For me, it's hard to imagine Mr. Byrne that way, but I never spent months on tour with him or week after week crowded into a studio with him.

Still, I'll take Byrne over Kanye any day. But I won't disparage Kanye's work either.
 
“The Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain’t gonna play with them no more. ‘Flawless,’ Beyoncé video. Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé, and at this point, we tired of it. Because what happens is, when you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in their face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you’re disrespectful to inspiration. ” -Kanye West, 2015

Random-meme-75.jpg



"I am Warhol. I am the No. 1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh."
-Kanye West

"I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live."
-Kanye West

"Man, I'm the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix."
-Kanye West

"I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever."
-Kanye West



Good+job+kanye_261e7c_5062164.jpg



Good or not at whatever he does, behavior shuts it all down for me. Subtlety, finesse, integrity, altruism, doing right by people... all of these are actual, valuable things that are completely lost on this individual.
 
If we're going to begin to measure artists based on morality then we've got a lot of rotten veggies to cut.

Let's start with Johnny Cash. A drug using adulterer who's songs glorified death and violence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
And then correct me if I'm wrong but Phil Spector actually ****ing killed somebody.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Yes, that stuff is one metric for me. Everyone makes mistakes- some worse than others. Some are the habituals, and this guy is that one... and this colossus continues to grow. I will prune those pricks out of my world.
 
Yes, that stuff is one metric for me.
Everyone makes mistakes- some worse than others.
Some are the habituals, and this guy is that one... and this colossus continues to grow.
I will prune those pricks out of my world.

Absolutely - I just don't need some of that junk in my head ...
and he is on the list ...
 
Last edited:
“The Grammys, if they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain’t gonna play with them no more. ‘Flawless,’ Beyoncé video. Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé, and at this point, we tired of it. Because what happens is, when you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in their face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you’re disrespectful to inspiration. ” -Kanye West, 2015

Random-meme-75.jpg



"I am Warhol. I am the No. 1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh."
-Kanye West

"I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live."
-Kanye West

"Man, I'm the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix."
-Kanye West

"I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever."
-Kanye West



Good+job+kanye_261e7c_5062164.jpg



Good or not at whatever he does, behavior shuts it all down for me. Subtlety, finesse, integrity, altruism, doing right by people... all of these are actual, valuable things that are completely lost on this individual.
Shuts me out as well, I can't participate in encouraging this.
Unfortunately, this summarizes him to most folks, he's his own worst adversary by his own word and behavior.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Here's a kick in the butt for Canadians, especially those in Toronto. This guy has been chosen to headline the closing ceremonies for the Pan Am games being hosted in Toronto. This one reporter (see link), and many others in Toronto including me, think it is shameful and embarrassing that the Pan Am organizers did not choose a Canadian performer.:thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/15/o-kanye-da-yer-kidding
 
In all serious, is he sliding into the early onset dementia that affects some highly intelligent males in their mid-late 20s?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Here's a kick in the butt for Canadians, especially those in Toronto. This guy has been chosen to headline the closing ceremonies for the Pan Am games being hosted in Toronto. This one reporter (see link), and many others in Toronto including me, think it is shameful and embarrassing that the Pan Am organizers did not choose a Canadian performer.:thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/15/o-kanye-da-yer-kidding

Yeah, THAT was a pretty bad snub, to my way of thinkin'... STILL would LOVE to buy Mr West for what he's REALLY worth & then sell him for what he THINKS he's worth-Talk about Cleaning Up, & being Set for Life..
 
Yeah, THAT was a pretty bad snub, to my way of thinkin'... STILL would LOVE to buy Mr West for what he's REALLY worth & then sell him for what he THINKS he's worth-Talk about Cleaning Up, & being Set for Life..


Hope you have an extra 130 million in the pantry! Lol.


Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.
 
Back
Top Bottom