• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kappa6.1 refoam and info

Just an update : After a looong week without music . My woofers have just arrived back from Bill .:banana: Wont have a chance to hook back up till next week . but am relieved that they are back home
Thanks again for the good direction to him . Good to know a guy like that is there to help ..Hopefully Ill be back in the sweet spot soon :music:
 
Ohhh So You Want to See Them Eh ? :lurk::lurk::lurk:
I will take photos and post shortly .. They look Berry Berry Nice !
YAAAAAAY :banana::banana::banana:
( Bill was nice enough to remove the existing clips and short wire butts I left . He attached new clips with marked wire leads . When I have time to do the soldering Im going to ask you very generous folks best way to attach . Im assuming the reason Bill did that ( for 0 $ ) is that he is suggesting just solder the wire leads together .. Will post phots for final phase ..
Again , cant thank each of you enough for your advice .
Very Much Appreceated !
Andrew
 
Here are completed woofers . with bills nice clean leads attached .
The surrounds look and feel more " rubbery " as opposed to " Foamy "and heavy duty than expected .( I never opened the box from ss before sending to bill )
so for the soldering to re connect not sure if what i have is right . When i did my headphones I used very thin solder that came with the iron .
So i guess i need to find correct solder ( " 60/40-63/37 " ) or will what is shown work As well ? hard to see in photo but shows .062/1.6mm
 

Attachments

  • woofers refroamed.jpg
    woofers refroamed.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 30
  • solder.jpg
    solder.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19
The woofers look very good. Bill does clean work.

Also, the solder from your picture, should be fine. It's rosin core Silver/Tin solder; no extra flux needed. Silver/Tin solder may need a little extra heat,
than the older Lead/Tin solder. Just turn your iron up a bit. Another good thing, it's RoHS compliant too, since it's lead free. Plus, it has Silver content,
so it has to sound better! :smoke:

Or, instead of solder, you could use wire nuts, since Bill pre-attached the long speaker leads. But, soldering would be preferred.
 
Last edited:
before and after

Great ! Thanks ! Heres the before + after . Just Like New !
 

Attachments

  • woofer before  after.jpg
    woofer before after.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 20
Bill In His Listening Room

:ntwrthy::ntwrthy::ntwrthy: This photo makes me giggle ..
 

Attachments

  • billhero2.jpg
    billhero2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 27
Heaven...

Make that Heaven times 2...! Bill has both the IRS IIIs and the IRS V's...!!! :drool:

hero_bigrig.jpg


http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/roadtour13/roadtour13.html

billhero1.jpg


http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/forbidden/forbidden_9.html
 

Attachments

  • Infinity IRS III hero_bigrig.jpg
    Infinity IRS III hero_bigrig.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4
  • INFINITY IRS V billhero1.jpg
    INFINITY IRS V billhero1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 4
Te he he he he he ... That means he has a pair he doesnt need .. hmmm
I sent him an email to thank him for the great advice and service and he sent me a rather touching response :
Good Morning Andrew,
Thank you for your kind, kind email. It's really appreciated!!
I'm old enough to have experienced many disappointments in my life and in the lives of people I love. I would never want to play a part in disappointing anyone. In fact, I wish to be the total opposite. Especially in times like these
Best Always,
Bill Legall
( For myself I could never over estimate the value that music has played in my life and I have had dissasters during which music was my only friend .
It reminds me of a song lyric
" Sometimes Its Hard To Look Up Under, The Times Were Going Through , I Scratch My Head And Stare And Wonder How To Face The Day Anew "
.
 
Te he he he he he ... That means he has a pair he doesnt need .. hmmm
I sent him an email to thank him for the great advice and service and he sent me a rather touching response :
Good Morning Andrew,
Thank you for your kind, kind email. It's really appreciated!!
I'm old enough to have experienced many disappointments in my life and in the lives of people I love. I would never want to play a part in disappointing anyone. In fact, I wish to be the total opposite. Especially in times like these
Best Always,
Bill Legall
( For myself I could never over estimate the value that music has played in my life and I have had dissasters during which music was my only friend .
It reminds me of a song lyric
" Sometimes Its Hard To Look Up Under, The Times Were Going Through , I Scratch My Head And Stare And Wonder How To Face The Day Anew "
.

He seems to be a genuinely decent and humble man, and an absolute wizard working on and improving audio gear.

In one of the linked articles they said he has sold the 'extra' IRS pair.
 
GREETINGS ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAY My lttle Kappas are back up and running !!!! YAAAAAY !!:banana::banana::banana:
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR GREAT HELP !!
And life began again :music::music::music::music::music::music:
 

Attachments

  • woofer re foam closeup.jpg
    woofer re foam closeup.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 18
  • kappas restored.jpg
    kappas restored.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom