• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KD-500 in Chicago area $150 in CL

Register to hide this ad
Does not include tonearm or board so unable to be tested.

It is a manual turntable, all it is supposed to do is spin and light up the strobe, so actually it could be tested. The arm is a completely separate item for this table and that is something folks would select, fashion an armboard, mount the arm and install. If the arm works it will make the table a nice manual table.

That is a hell of a deal. The uncracked dustcover is worth the cost of admission. Comes with an armboard, probably cut wrong but something to copy (it is just a 4.25" diameter circle with a few mounting holes) and a phono cable...worth a few bucks, too.

This won't last long to those in the know.
 
Last edited:
2 miles from a friend in Chicago, but he just welcomed his first child, doubt he has time to do anything at this moment.
 
If worthwhile I can pick it up for someone on my next trip back to there. My Dad and siblings are there so I get back there pretty regularly unlike a trip to SE PA!
 
I contacted him and he said he still has it and will let me know if someone calls him for it.
Best to see if he'll accept payment and hold for me to pick it up next week/weekend.
I have an XA to pick up in Morgantown sometime in October
 
Thanks Tom! Will check my schedule and let you know when I'll get up there.
Probably latter part of the week as a couple shops in Elgin I want to hit aren't open on Sunday and Mondays.
Just have to figure out what weeks.
Thanks again for picking that up.
 
Glad to help out. I can usually be pretty flexible workwise so during the week is fine. Mid-day is best as I am in the heart of the city and traffic can suck during the rush hours. Otherwise it's pretty easy in-out from the interstate. I'm in no hurry. I have no arm to try on it but I can admire it while it's here. It sure is purdy!!
 
Won't need to build, I have the correct KD-500 armboard for the Magnepan arm. Damn near plug and play.

But if that happens what are Hose and I going to do about getting that KD-500.

It's all good we'll figure out the table. Enjoy looking at it. Ad is gone so I don't have pics of it so look at it once for me, too.
 
Last edited:
Hello!
Just an update on my status for the KD-500 pick up.
Looks like this Wednesday I will head up and pick up the turntable.
Preference is to pick it up on my way in to Elgin but am flexible. Will be returning over the weekend.
Looking for the contact info but managed to lose track of them, will send a conversation to confirm.
Thank you!
 
Could be nearly plug and play for me.
I have to change the connection on a Magnepan arm since I don't have as many Magnepan cables as I have arms to a DIN and then mount the arm on the KD-500 armboard I have and then bolt it to the table with the included phono cable, hope this was picked up, too. I already have more than a few Magnepan headshells loaded with cartridges.
 
....and the handoff was completed this evening. A quick stop to be sure as Jose was passing through. He had a long drive with some more ahead of him. Happy to help out.
 
Back
Top Bottom