• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ke4mcl

thefragger

Certified Crazy.
I bought some tubes from ke4mcl. He knew how he wanted the transaction to go and everything worked out perfectly! Packaging was excellent, tubes were excellent, and I would deal with him again :)

Three thumbs up! :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
Worked out a deal where I traded a Fisher amp I had for some tubes ke4mcl had. I consider it a fair trade, well executed, and everything worked out. I wouldn't hesitate to do the same with this AK'er again.
audiodon
 
despite my squeamishness about selling stuff in canada, my deal with fragger went smooth!
 
My experience with ke4mcl wasn't as good as these. We made a deal on trading some amps and tubes, but the tubes I was supposed to get (5881s that he had in BT) got "lost" at his place after I sent my part of the bargain. Then the number got disputed (I thought I was getting 17 and he thought I was getting 4. I ended up with a Heathkit W9 and a single 5881, for a Maggie 9203 stereo amp, a pair of Maggie 6V6 monos, a Masco mono amp, a pair of ST 6v6s and 3 or 4 ST 5U4s. Add to all that 60 bux in shipping, and I feel sort of "screwed". When I suggested we trade back, the amps I had sent were already gone. He did offer me some 5963s (12AU7) "to test", but I have hundreds of those myself. I would just say, make exactly sure of what you are giving and getting.
 
jay,

youre forgetting to mention that i did offer to send the tubes when they turn up. i didnt intentionally "lose" these tubes. theres other members needing 5881's and i wish i had that bag in hand right now.

as i mentioned in our PM's. check you're in box. if you didnt empty out you're mailbox, there should be the original PM's between us outlining this deal and who was getting what. i unfortunately clean out my mailbox often if not id gladly pull those PM's up between us.

as i remember the deal, i basically owe you (4) 5881's. please search for those PM's so i can prove to myself im not going nuts.
 
This was the PM that lead me to beleive I was getting 17 tubes. This is a cut and paste of the entire PM

i have 21 good 5881 tung sols. i might want to keep a quad and thats about it.



That PM, and the fact that I had ponied up a lot more gear from the original your heath for my masco deal, made me think I was getting 17.:dunno:

Did you really think I was trading a pair of maggies monos, a maggie stereo amp, and the ST 6V6s and ST 5u4s for 4 5881s? I feel absolutely terrible about this whole deal, but I got the feeling that you weren't to worried about my end. I don't need the tubes, and it's no big loss for me, but I felt obligated to let folks know that they need to be very specific. I didn't tell anyone not to deal with you, just to be very specific.
 
A friendly reminder. Only those parties involved in transactions, or who have had past transactions with the seller, may post to feedback threads.

Thanks.
 
I have had a deal or two with ke4mcl and all went well. I do have one pending, but I am not inthe least worried.

I have also had a couple of deals with Jaymannaa. Same as above. Not a problem in the wrold. I would gladly do business with either again.
I hope things can be worked out between both of you and that you both stay put on AK!
 
jay,

it isnt clear but if thats the case, then thats what it is. there is no quantity specified either way but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. at this point i own one amp with two 6L6's in it so its not like i'll be needing these anytime soon.

the problem still lies in that the tubes have not turned up. if it was as simple as one of our verbally abusive mods make it seem (send the stuff back) that would be great but thats impossible at this point. the stereo maggie was rebuilt and went to gadget73 in exchange for 2 un-rebuilt maggies. the two mono maggies have been rebuilt. theres time and parts into those. the masco is stripped down and a parts order was placed for its rebuild. its not as easy as it seems.

i can offer only two options. give me a dollar amount to straighten this out or allow me to keep looking.

some of you may be wondering how the hell did i loose a bag of tubes. i have an offsite storage miniwarehouse, a 40ft semi trailer for storage at my dads shop, a 10x20 shed at my moms for storage, and a shed at my place that is filled with tubes. yes, crap gets lost. its not intentional.

let me know what you want to do.
 
jay,

when those tubes turn up they are yours. a deal is a deal. they will turn up. i spent several hours last night rumaging through the house and no dice. im gonna ransack the workshop here at the museum and see if i stashed them here. i fix all my stuff here so theres alot of my crap laying around in the planetarium.
 
Back
Top Bottom