• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kef 104/2 Reference in the house!

That is my thoughts on the matter, if I were in your position and based on my previous experience.

Thanks Canucker! I decided to back out. I could of had them for $600 and they were Rosewood in pretty nice shape, but no KUBE.

I think I'll hold out to find a nice set of R105/2's. Not that I don't like the IMF's. In fact, I may find that I like them better than the 105's! But I just have an itch to listen to a pair and I think they will play nicer with the 107's than the 104's!

I guess this just means I have to get a hold of Falcon and get to work on my IMF Re-cap, don't I! :yes:


....and yeah... First on page 5! :banana:
 
Thanks Canucker! I decided to back out. I could of had them for $600 and they were Rosewood in pretty nice shape, but no KUBE.

I think I'll hold out to find a nice set of R105/2's. Not that I don't like the IMF's. In fact, I may find that I like them better than the 105's! But I just have an itch to listen to a pair and I think they will play nicer with the 107's than the 104's!

I guess this just means I have to get a hold of Falcon and get to work on my IMF Re-cap, don't I! :yes:


....and yeah... First on page 5! :banana:

Yes, yes you do!

And, based on my experience with my Super Compacts, I'd say those tweeters are going to need a replacement as well.
 
I have had my 104/2s since they were new, I was pretty gentle with them for the first half of their life but ran some serious volume through them a few years back until I noticed a loss in the mids and highs one day in one of them. I semi retired them to my small studio downstairs until I get the guts to see what has occurred. the funny thing is even with the signal loss in one channel they still sound pretty good. This system hardly ever gets fired up so they are back to being baby'd again. I will never part with them.
 
Yes, yes you do!

And, based on my experience with my Super Compacts, I'd say those tweeters are going to need a replacement as well.

Well, you got me focused back on the job at hand (rather than fantisizing about speakers to come)! ;)

I just order the 16Ohm Coles and the Capacitor Kit... $185 worth of upgrade! :sigh:

I had previously bought that matched pair of Audax Tweeters on daBay, so I should have these things singing a bit better soon! Post and pics to come!

And thanks for bringing me back to reality Canucker! :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom