• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KEF 105's

keflover615

Active Member
Well now that I know how to pronounce KEF and am reminded of my younger years smoking a banned substance I am ready to hook up the KEF 105's. Been real busy this week and wanted to move some furniture etc. I will let you all know how they sound. They should sound just as good as the pair I had 30 years ago, but my ears have aged and who knows. Oh for the good old days, I hope I never see them again.
 
Register to hide this ad
Good score, congrats!

speakers that I liked years ago sound like ass to me now...JBL, Altecs etc. Years of military duty have diminished my hearing a little

as for the "good old days" - totally agree with you on that one!
 
Wellllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!
Hooked them up, played Carmina Burana, we have hard wood floors, and the floors vibrated and yet the highs were crystal clear. I forgot how good they sounded, besides which, I now have a room big enough for them. One work will suffice: WOW:D:D:D:D:D
 
Great speakers! The KEF factory is local to me and have had lots of Kef speakers and drivers over the years. Never had 105's but they have always interested me, love the look:yes:
 
One of my all time favourite speakers, side by side with the original B&W 801´s and Quad ELS 63´s.

What are you driving them with?
 
Love me som 105's

Quite possibly my favorite speaker of all. Congrats! Glad they still sound good to you.
 
I am using a Sansui AU-717 right now, I have a Sansui BC-2000 that needs work, left channel dropped out, I will use it when I can find someone to get it fixed.
 
javamanad Love me som 105's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quite possibly my favorite speaker of all. I just updated my post on the 105.2 yesterday and added a link to the KEF speaker forum. Congrats! Glad they still sound good to you.


A link to the "front door" might be more useful for the full resource.

http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/

:music:
 

Attachments

  • 1052ins1.jpg
    1052ins1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 1052ins2.jpg
    1052ins2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 31
  • 1052ins3.jpg
    1052ins3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 1052ins4.jpg
    1052ins4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 1052ins5.jpg
    1052ins5.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Part 2.
 

Attachments

  • 1052ins6.jpg
    1052ins6.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1052ins7.jpg
    1052ins7.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15
  • 1052ins8.jpg
    1052ins8.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1052ins9.jpg
    1052ins9.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
These are for the 105-2 speakers, don't know if it the same for the 105.
BTW just sold my Large Advents for $200, already made back half of my KEF investment.
 
I have the original 105 literature somewhere at home. I will try to locate and post some scans asap.
 
Back
Top Bottom