• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KD-500 and Infinity Black Widow Tonearm

Cylontymany

Super Member
Will a Kenwood KD-500 that is pre setup for and SME tonearm work with the Black Widow? Any mods have to be done or is it a drop in situation? Also would a Grace cartridge be ideal on this setup as well?
 
Register to hide this ad
Will a Kenwood KD-500 that is pre setup for and SME tonearm work with the Black Widow? Any mods have to be done or is it a drop in situation? Also would a Grace cartridge be ideal on this setup as well?
Drop-in. The Grace cart may be perfectly suitable.
 
One of the great combinations the Rock was known for, and the Grace cart should be awesome. The BW is even lower mass than my Grace arm so I would think the F8-C should be the best match. From all the info I could find it has the highest compliance rating of the Grace lineup.

I found the F8-C stylus works great with other F8 cartridges so if you find them separately it will work. I'm currently running one in an F8-L10' cartridge body with great results.

The rock can benefit greatly from a bit of simple acoustic damping.
 
There were three versions of the BW is there one prefered over the other? Thanxs for letting me know about the C model.
 
There were three versions of the BW is there one prefered over the other? Thanxs for letting me know about the C model.
The GF is preferred, but I doubt there's a dime's difference between them for most users other than the GF came with a fluid damper option.
 
∞BW 1st: Stepped aluminum, 2nd: Stepped graphite, 3rd Smooth graphite. Is that correct? Been researching until I'm sure. Of course, the latest is the greatest, isn't it?
 
Had this handy, don’t know if it’s helpful...
 

Attachments

  • 0F4151DE-E974-4CCB-B187-906081BB19C1.jpeg
    0F4151DE-E974-4CCB-B187-906081BB19C1.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom