I recently bought a KR-9600. When I bought it, I was having a problem with the pre-amp. It would only work partially when you move the selector switch from one input to another. It would then play for a second then stop. It was not just a dirty connector as it was very systematic meaning that it did the same thing every time. I opened it up and chased the loss in the RLP1 relay on the mic board. It was not getting the 10v from the power supply board A. In board A, I found that transistor Q9 was not engaging and letting the 34v to a resistor that steps it down to 10v. (Also, when used as an amp with another receiver as a preamp through the jumpers, the amp stage works correctly)
One morning, I got up and it just started working. Odd...too good to be true. While it is fully working, I was not satisfied. I checked DC voltages on the entire power supply A board and almost all of them were off. They were as follows, I apologize for the long list:
Terminal 1: .6v, 2: 68.8, 3: 68.8, 8: .07, 9: -8.5, 10: -31.3, 11: 9.6, 12: 0, 13: .73, 14: 36.1, 15: 68.8, 16: 0, 17: 13.5, 18: 12.9, 19: 13.5, 20: 0, 21: -15.3, 22: -35.2, 23: -69.9, 24: .2, 25: 68.7, 26: 0, 27: 0, 38: 36.9, 29: -35.7, 30: 69.2, 31: .23
Comparing to the FSM, almost every voltage is incorrect by 1-2 volts. Is this within spec or is it something to be concerned about? If so, what could cause this issue?
Additionally, the receiver, when power off, still plays for about 2-3 seconds. Initially, I read that this is caused by bad input lights or LEDs, but the issue remains in an input with a working light, and all are original bulbs. Could this be connected?
When powered off, the transistor Q9 mentioned earlier does not disengage. I will look further to see if it is because of an issue upstream.
Any help/input is very appreciated.
One morning, I got up and it just started working. Odd...too good to be true. While it is fully working, I was not satisfied. I checked DC voltages on the entire power supply A board and almost all of them were off. They were as follows, I apologize for the long list:
Terminal 1: .6v, 2: 68.8, 3: 68.8, 8: .07, 9: -8.5, 10: -31.3, 11: 9.6, 12: 0, 13: .73, 14: 36.1, 15: 68.8, 16: 0, 17: 13.5, 18: 12.9, 19: 13.5, 20: 0, 21: -15.3, 22: -35.2, 23: -69.9, 24: .2, 25: 68.7, 26: 0, 27: 0, 38: 36.9, 29: -35.7, 30: 69.2, 31: .23
Comparing to the FSM, almost every voltage is incorrect by 1-2 volts. Is this within spec or is it something to be concerned about? If so, what could cause this issue?
Additionally, the receiver, when power off, still plays for about 2-3 seconds. Initially, I read that this is caused by bad input lights or LEDs, but the issue remains in an input with a working light, and all are original bulbs. Could this be connected?
When powered off, the transistor Q9 mentioned earlier does not disengage. I will look further to see if it is because of an issue upstream.
Any help/input is very appreciated.