• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kind'a trivia question: what receiver is this?

The year for the LP was '79-'80, so I'd assume the picture was late '78/early '79, and probably-taken in that hotel he was living at in NYC (I always forget the name of that place - Yoko probably-took the picture).

After seeing that wild custom rig he had in the earlier years (if I remember correctly), I was kinda' shocked to see him using a plain old Sony receiver. However, even Sony made a lot of great receivers in the '70's.

The Chelsea Hotel maybe?
 
I'm under the impression that that photo was taken at the Dakota. The guitar he's playing, Fender's "The Strat," was introduced in 1980.

fenderStrat.jpg
 
Nice ID on the receiver guys!

The headphones look like one of the Yamaha HP series Orthodynamic cans.

But what I want to know is what are the components in Police_50's reflection off the TV - I want to say it looks like a stack of Marantz 250 or 140/170DC metered amps and other components.

Can you enlighten us?
 
Nice ID on the receiver guys!

The headphones look like one of the Yamaha HP series Orthodynamic cans.

But what I want to know is what are the components in Police_50's reflection off the TV - I want to say it looks like a stack of Marantz 250 or 140/170DC metered amps and other components.

Can you enlighten us?

Sure I can. It's my bloody kitchen with some weird reflection of the microwave. BTW, pretty cheap one. Picked up at GW for $5... :D
 
Sure I can. It's my bloody kitchen with some weird reflection of the microwave. BTW, pretty cheap one. Picked up at GW for $5... :D

Ahh, yes, the clock/timer, easy control pad, and keyboard numerics, plus door. Weird how the eyes and mind try to fool you, especially when you want to see some nice stereo gear there.

hey, for $5 buck, if it works, you're ahead of the game.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom