• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

KLH model 17 replacing caps and restoring old surrounds (sealing them?)

BTW those old 12trxb's still sound great. I stuck them in some old Pioneer CS 55 cabinets last fall just to see how they sounded. I liked them better than the old Mustangs I had.111_4428.JPG 111_4437.JPG Those sold for 150.00 Not nearly enough if you ask me. Whats a story without pictures right? Back to work!
 
I opened them up again I couldn't bare the thought of having fiberglass insulation in them when I have fresh new dacron to fill them with.
So here's the crossovers as requested. Crude but correct. 100_1096.JPG 100_1097.JPG 100_1099.JPG100_1100.JPG
 
How much Dacron did you put in? I have a set of 32's I am about to do and would not mind getting rid of the fiberglass. There is a whole lot of fiberglass in them.
 
How much Dacron did you put in? I have a set of 32's I am about to do and would not mind getting rid of the fiberglass. There is a whole lot of fiberglass in them.
I always fill the box full but I never stuff it so it's hard like a teddy bear or a pillow. 1 LB of Dacron goes a long way!
 
Starting on the cabinets tomorrow. My GF just loves the sweet smell of oil based finishes;)
Got a pair of 1971 Realistic optimus 2's that will be getting cabinet makeovers along side. I usually toss the guts and make something else out of Radio shack speakers but these sound freaking great!
 
Back
Top Bottom