• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH Model six

Frankie's Market

AK Member
Subscriber
A pair of KLH Model six speakers,missing the grills, cabinets were partially painted ( read need refinishing), drivers all function, unrestored. Any idea on a reasonable price for them? thanks, Ed
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
Price is dependent on the regional market. Nice speakers, worth restoring for your benefit. In the condition you describe - $20-$30, Restored $75-100. Don't do any work unless you enjoy them. The paint is probably hiding some sort of surface problems (on the cabinet). The grills are easily reconstructed. But don't do anything unless you like them. If you don't, sell at what you can obtain, as is.
 
Price is dependent on the regional market. Nice speakers, worth restoring for your benefit. In the condition you describe - $20-$30, Restored $75-100. Don't do any work unless you enjoy them. The paint is probably hiding some sort of surface problems. The grills are easily reconstructed. But don't do anything unless you like them. If you don't, sell at what you can obtain.
 
I had a pair I paid $30 bucks for back in 2010...did a partial recap. They sound great with tubes really nice bass output with no painful highs. I gave them away to a co-worker simply because I had too many speakers and he likes them alot. I would grab them for $30 bucks or less no brainer. Unless you already have too many speakers...
 
Sold a similar condition pair (grill-less, needed refinishing) for $20 just recently. I thought they sounded great, similar to Advents, but just planning to move and needed to get the projects out of the way.
 
I would not but the completely sealed early Model 6....pain in the butt to recap...if the woofers do not have screws I would pass...
 
I've bought two pairs in fantastic condition for $40 and $60. Grill cloth was perfect, cabinets just needed some oil, drivers were good and the $60 pair had even been recapped at some point.

So that's to say..the ones in question probably aren't worth much. The veneer is thick enough that you could probably sand off the paint, or even scrub it off with steel wool or something. But the grill frames are useful to have. Realistically that's a $25 pair of speakers in that condition if you care about cosmetics. The drivers would probably be worth more than the speakers.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom