• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch Cornwall what would you offer ?

Register to hide this ad
Price seems a bit too high. Usually available for much less. There has been a pair near Worcester Mass for about $800 for a few weeks. They do look good though.
The year can be divided through the serial number.
 
Manufactured the 40th week of 1985. Walnut lacquer finish which is pretty rare. Given excellent condition and lacquer finish, I could see them going for ~$1k.
 
Not a penny over 1,000.00


I think that's high, too..

The number of people who want to own really large speakers is so small these days... I have seen Cornwalls sit at $700 in excellent condition.

Same for Altecs.

And build quality on these things is just.. kind of weird for a speaker that costs this much. Exposed and unfinished screw heads, velcro grills, a cheap label glued to the back, ancient screw style speaker terminals...
 
@SoundsAlike, cant argue with eBay sales. Lots of people don’t give a **** about silly terminal posts, Or velcroed grilles. These are the smallest speakers in the heritage lineup. There is a pecking order and many prefer cornys to la scala or belles. Klipschorn is still #1 if one has the corners for them. Lots of people spend 1,000 on Jbl L100’s or Bose 601’s and I’d say Cornwall’s **** on both those speakers. Not to mention you can power them with just about anything.
 
@SoundsAlike, cant argue with eBay sales. Lots of people don’t give a **** about silly terminal posts, Or velcroed grilles. These are the smallest speakers in the heritage lineup. There is a pecking order and many prefer cornys to la scala or belles. Klipschorn is still #1 if one has the corners for them. Lots of people spend 1,000 on Jbl L100’s or Bose 601’s and I’d say Cornwall’s **** on both those speakers. Not to mention you can power them with just about anything.


Look up vintage diapers and then show sold listings and then sort by highest priced sold.

And a $1000 item sold on eBay would net the seller $870 (assuming PayPal was used and no shipping was charged). Only $170 higher than my estimate at $700. I understand the latest version of the Cornwall commands a higher premium.
 
Wants $1100 for them after my take a hike offer .‍♂️ I mean I can live with my quartets and keep looking
 
Wants $1100 for them after my take a hike offer .‍♂️ I mean I can live with my quartets and keep looking

According to specs the Cornwalls only go down 4hz further in bass... not worth the premium imo... And despite being smaller and more affordable the Quartets have a better build quality IMO
 
According to specs the Cornwalls only go down 4hz further in bass... not worth the premium imo... And despite being smaller and more affordable the Quartets have a better build quality IMO
The thought is not to replace the quartet . This is more of having never owned a pair of cornwalls and seeing a rare ad had peaked my interest. My quartets are all crites upgraded with the cabinets braised fully.
 
These are the smallest speakers in the heritage lineup.
The AK Heresy owners will be coming after you with torches and pitchforks. :biggrin:

According to specs the Cornwalls only go down 4hz further in bass... not worth the premium imo
Cornwall and Quartet have significantly different sonic signatures. 4 out of 5 well heeled enthusiasts will prefer the smoother bass response of the Cornwall.

And build quality on these things is just.. kind of weird for a speaker that costs this much. Exposed and unfinished screw heads, velcro grills, a cheap label glued to the back, ancient screw style speaker terminals...
Don't confuse build quality with consumer frugality. Many consumers want the lowest admission price possible. So, good ole PWK gave the people what they wanted. I don't really disagree with your observations at the end of the day which is probably why i graduated from Klipsch product back when television sets still had knobs. But, i could still easily live with Cornwalls, albeit with a little tweaking.

Seller will get his/her 1100 price if patient.
Agreed, I doubt much patience will be required, the veneer and finish, especially in that condition is an easy 500 dollar premium.

Let's see a fella have a pair of raw birch Cornwalls(a 600 dollar pair of speakers in my stable) veneered in Walnut and lacquer finished for 500.
 
Last edited:
I just paid $1100 for a perfect condition set with replacement Crites crossovers and CT125 tweeters. A lot depends on availability in your area. If they’re rare, what can you do? Generally though, $1000-$1200 in my area. Those are nice.
 
The AK Heresy owners will be coming after you with torches and pitchforks. :biggrin:

Cornwall and Quartet have significantly different sonic signatures. 4 out of 5 well heeled enthusiasts will prefer the smoother bass response of the Cornwall.

Agreed, I doubt much patience will be required, the veneer and finish, especially in that condition is an easy 500 dollar premium.

Let's see a fella have a pair of raw birch Cornwalls(a 600 dollar pair of speakers in my stable) veneered in Walnut and lacquer finished for 500.

True and accurate. I’ve got Khorns, Cornwall’s and Heresy’s. Different animals obviously
 
Back
Top Bottom