• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

klipschorn questions

WELL, it's on. The gent came down a bit. Not sure when I am going to have them but I am going to have them. Time to start planning the 1) PICKUP and 2) placement.
Congrats. If I had a better room to put them I would have never sold mine. Luckily I still have Cornwalls.
 
Yeah, but just wait until some moron opens Pandora's box on you and says you've GOT to hear a pair of MWM bass bins, they'll crush what the Khorns do. (forget that you might get served with divorce papers).....

Oh, did you know yet that I'm a moron?
The trend is there.... bigger horn, bigger speaker, bigger more lifelike/effortless sound. It really is amazing, until Mrs. Waffleboy wants to be Mrs Pancakes with strawberries on top.

Going through threads today and laughing with Coytee. My MCM-1900 three way set was not big enough on the bass output so I built bigger and labeled it a Super MWM. Each step up in Klipsch is a revelation you can't unhear and if I had to choose between the K Horn or CW it would be the K Horn. I find a true all horn setup to be more true to life and the response to things like percussion is faster and more defined. I have migrated to a lot of Cello and Pipe Organ and the K Horn will do those with greater realism.
 
Going through threads today and laughing with Coytee. My MCM-1900 three way set was not big enough on the bass output so I built bigger and labeled it a Super MWM. Each step up in Klipsch is a revelation you can't unhear and if I had to choose between the K Horn or CW it would be the K Horn. I find a true all horn setup to be more true to life and the response to things like percussion is faster and more defined. I have migrated to a lot of Cello and Pipe Organ and the K Horn will do those with greater realism.

C'mon man......

We all know you really only listen to Marie Osmond singing Paper Roses at a sultry 72 db's.....
 
Yes that is true at 200 yards.

For those who've never heard them, that's pretty funny (and accurate)

Did outdoor movie using single stack (double bass bin with K402 on top) Measured at 50' away, hitting peaks of 110 db's
(presuming I had meter setup properly)

Sounded excellent, very clean and.... as you know, dynamic as snail slime.



DSCN6304.JPG
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom