• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KR-4200 Receiver

davidson1508

New Member
Hello , all . New member to the site so apologies if formatting isn't right .

I just recently purchased the Kenwood KR-4200 receiver & was wondering which ones you would recommend . I am eyeing the Kenwood KL-777A speakers as of right now , but wasn't sure of the pros/cons of them . They are 300$ , all indications from seller are they're in perfect condition . My budget is 500$ , & I am located in Columbus , Ohio . [ I am looking for floor speakers specifically . ] Thank you for all time & expertise in advance. I hope you all have a very wonderful day .
 
Register to hide this ad
..I just recently purchased the Kenwood KR-4200 receiver ..I am eyeing the Kenwood KL-777A speakers as of right now , but wasn't sure of the pros/cons of them . They are 300$ , all indications from seller are they're in perfect condition .

My budget is 500$ , & I am located in Columbus , Ohio . I am looking for floor speakers specifically

First of all welcome to AK, here's hoping you enjoy your time here!!

2nd seeing as you're asking about speakers and asking in the "Speakers" section you might want to hit the "Report" link (lower left hand of your post) and ask a Moderator to change your thread title as "KR-4200 Receiver" is not going to grab that many peoples attention nor does it confer what you're seeking which is speaker advice.

Maybe have them change the title to "Speaker suggestions for Kenwood KR-4200" or something like that

Okay back on topic, you have a nice budget and being in geographical are the size of Columbus you should be able to find a good assortment of speakers

This is an old adage and easier said then done but if you can Demo, Demo and Demo some more before purchase. What sounds good to some peoples ears might not sound good to yours and vice versa.

Not judging or trying to be a jerk however your Kenny is only going to work well with very efficient speakers at 19wpc

So when shopping for speakers be sure to do your homework and due diligence and research specs for any that grab your attention.


Screen Shot 2024-08-08 at 5.23.30 PM.png
 
Last edited:
Tough question without knowing your listening preferences.

With that in mind, a quick look on FB revealed a very nice pair of Realistic Nova 7’s for a mere quarter of your budget. They would pair nicely with your Kenwood both performance wise as well as aesthetically. Real walnut veneer a plus.

There is also a very nice pair of Infinity Reference Six at a bit more than 50% of your budget. These would serve you well both now and if you eventually upgrade your electronics.
 
With 19 watts per channel you might not get really loud with many speakers but you will get to listen to them at normal listening levels.

With your budget, get the best speakers you can and if you need more power to play them louder you can upgrade to a bigger receiver or amp later while enjoying the sound of a better speaker.

ADS speakers are well liked and usually play well with lower power so looking for some of those might be a choice. Along with a hundred other brands.
 
I would look for something other than Kenwood speakers. They are famous for some of their Receivers, Tuners and Integrated amps but speakers not so much. I am sure they made a handful of really good speakers but I have yet to hear one of them.
 
Back
Top Bottom