• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KR-9600 Mode Switch Signal Issues

Tim L

New Member
New to the site and to audiophilia. I recently purchased a KR-9600 and today I found that the left channel was cutting out. After checking to make sure the connections were all tight, I began fiddling with the sound injection, loudness, etc. I found that the mode switch, when switched to 'reverse' brought both channels online and when I returned it to 'stereo' they both remained on. Any ideas why this might be?

I'm trying to gain a better understanding of my system and I'm curious how things are inter-connected.
 
Register to hide this ad
Sounds like you need a good treatment with deoxit. Meaning, a good cleaning of all the stitches and pots. Probably just dirty and not making good connections. Good place to start.
 
Sounds like you need a good treatment with deoxit. Meaning, a good cleaning of all the stitches and pots. Probably just dirty and not making good connections. Good place to start.
Thanks! This will be my first time doing anything other than dusting with compressed air.
 
Hello and welcome. There are many people on these boards
more knowledgeable than I am but I do have a few old Kenwoods
some of which I have owned since they were new.

Cleaning the switches is not unheard of with these. So I recommend
that you read this sticky in the General Audio thread.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...diots-guide-to-using-deoxit-revisited.207005/

Frequently that is all that is needed. Good luck and enjoy a great receiver.
 
Well, that seems to have done the trick. I'm getting a strong signal from both channels now without having to fiddle with the mode switch. Thanks, all!
 
Back
Top Bottom