• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kyocera D-611 Problem

The procedure is the same as on the Naks. All that I can advise is to attempt to wedge something behind the idler when you put the washer on so that all of the force of putting the washer-on is not levered againsts that tiny plastic arm.
 
Damnit

Got the tire from Marrs. Installed it and despite taking many precautions and being very careful lost the plastic washer. But in the end I got it to stay on and 2 albums sounded great. But...
I had to rewind the 3rd to get to the beginning. Rewound fine, everything seemed okay so I pressed play. Nothing. Now it's stuck engaged as if to play, but can't/wont. No play, ff, rw etc and I can't even eject the tape! So does anyone know how to fix this? Can I manually disengage it from play somehow?
The worst part...the albums I listened to sounded amazing! Easily the best deck I've ever heard. That's not saying much, but it sure got me pumped to listen some favorite cassettes.
 
There is a third motor that drives the transport on that deck. Perhaps you broke the belt, or that motor has stopped spinning for some reason. Try spinning that motor with your finger to disengage the transport.

And I agree with you: The Kyocera probably made the best two-head machines of any manufacturer, including Nakamichi. These machines were designed to sound better than the majority of 3 head machines.
 
Thanks Goldear. But no belt. There's another Sankyo motor that's connected to some white plastic gears. Hard to get my fingers or anything at it to try and rotate it and I'm not even sure which way to go. Looks like trial and error for me...hohum
 
Ok, that's right, it is gear driven. And yes, trial and error is the best that I can tell you.
 
Back
Top Bottom