• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's See How You Use Your Pioneer Stuff!

My vintage system is set up in my main living room. The SX-1250 is in absolute immaculate condition and 100% fully recapped and restored. The HPM-100s are in excellent condition with crossovers recapped with Daytons. I use a DBX 31 band graphic EQ for system tuning and a Kenwood KX-1060 to play cassettes. The record player is the Audio Technica which is inexpensive but gets the job done.
 

Attachments

  • Vintage System.jpg
    Vintage System.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Here's some higher rez pictures of my vintage setup.

Thanks to Matt, my minty SX-1250 is now 100% recapped and fully restored, which made a huge difference by the way.

IMAG0194.jpg


IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg


And the final setup.
I like my HPM-100s with the grills on and sitting on the floor, just the way you see them.



IMAG0204.jpg


IMAG0206.jpg


IMAG0207.jpg
 
Here's a shot of some of my Series 20 gear.
P1230003Large.jpg

From bottom to top: F-26, C-21, M-25, A-27, Sony 707ESD, Furman line conditioner with rack lights (a MUST HAVE for the lights!), PL-630. Until I find a Pioneer CDP equal to the Sony, it stays!
 
Last edited:
Hello.. I'm brand new here

I found this at a estate sale store and bought it for $20

img2474xz.jpg

By maddingo at 2012-03-16

Pioneer Stereo Amplifier SA-410

I am hoping to have a SX-450 by the end of the week (it is en-route)

brand new to vintage audio so Hopefully I will be learning more / getting some more impressive stuff down the road.

I'm very fond of my SA-410 that I bought... I didn't buy it the first time i saw it cause I just wanted a vintage receiver but I went back a week later it was still there and i looked at it again... and was all.. "why didn't I buy this last time??? this think is is kinda awesome looking" took it home hooked it up to my polk m30s and have been really enjoying it


I was bidding sort of aggressively (read probably willing to over pay by a fair amount) for a SX-3600 the other day..but I lost the auction.. I'm not sure what y'all think of that one but I saw some video of it and thought it was kinda awesome looking... So when I can I'd like to get me one of those.
 
C'mon Darren, I know you're holding some Pioneer, probably with some very nice veneer work, let's see it! When you coming out my way again? :D

Sadly, my only Pioneer gear in rotation at the moment:

- MarkTheFixer-Uppered SX-D7000 with P-D70 CDP -

016yg.jpg



I do have a very nice SX-1250 I should rotate in for my main rig's 'Sui G-801.

072xw.jpg


Whenever Dennydog comes over, he gives me a dirty look [ I bought the 1250 off him a few years ago and I've never had it in rotation during his visits ].

And a few of the PL TT's not in rotation at the moment.

055jpl.jpg
 
Darren I knew you were holding out on us! Sure love the D-7000 and 1250, but mine don't get near the ear time they used to....
 
Last edited:
Absolutely awesome pognoot!

Skylab, I've checked out your vintage system and I like the parallels in our setups. We both have TOTL Pioneer SX receivers that have been fully restored and recapped, we both have recapped HPM-100s in perfect working condition, and we both have system EQs in the chain with settings that are remarkably similar.

In essence, we have done everything humanly possible to coax the best audio quality out of our beloved 35 year old equipment. There is nothing left. Everything is performing at 100% of its potential. I couldn't be more pleased with mine, and I'm happy to report I've done a complete 180 in my respect and appreciation for my HPM speakers. For the last year, I was blaming the speaker for inadequacies in the receiver. My SX-1250 restoration project simply reinforced what audio enthusiasts, engineers, and technicians have said for years - any deficiency anywhere in the chain will have an adverse impact on the overall listening experience.
 
Last edited:
here's my jury rigged jalopy of a setup...actually it's even more jury rigged now.

I need a rack. bad.

anyways,
53072326.jpg

SX-3900 coming soon.

I TOLD YOU I have big speakers.

Just got around to lurking around the Pioneer forum. I have a few pieces. Sorry that I do not have any photos to post currently.

I just wanted to say to the owner:

Now THAT'S what I call a sound card:D
 
The towers are Monitor Audio RX6 and the subwoofers are Mirage Omni S10. Both are great speakers in their price range !
 
Hey, just wanted to share some pics of my vintage system.
It's no where near completion yet. Still looking to buy some 10" speakers, turntable, Pioneer tape deck and Pioneer elite CD Player.

Heres what I have so far. (see pics)

Pioneer SA-610 Amp (1980)
Pioneer TX-710 Tuner (1980)
Pioneer DT-500 Timer (1980)
Sony D-50 discman (1st ever discman made in 1984)
Realistic Minimus 7 walnut veneer 4" speakers (1988)
Ikea Limhamn stainless shelf 23" wide, 13 3/4" deep, 35" high
cd racks


DSC02273.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02279.jpg
 
"The Rack" pushing a set of severally modded K-Horns, what you don't see are a pair of "White Oaked" 700B's in the bottom of the rack. Out for maintenance.

And a D-23 out for cleaning.
 

Attachments

  • 108_0658.jpg
    108_0658.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 108_0657.jpg
    108_0657.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom