• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's see your Fisher gear!

Greetings Fisher Folk :wave:

Recently joined the club with an 800B ~

myFisher800B.jpg
[/IMG]
 
I might be somewhat of a vintage noob, but before I found this forum I'd never heard of Fisher making even decent-quality stuff... I know they sold cheapo all-in-ones under that name here in the '80s, but I've never seen such nice stuff and I doubt if they ever sold any of it here. Love it!
 
I might be somewhat of a vintage noob, but before I found this forum I'd never heard of Fisher making even decent-quality stuff... I know they sold cheapo all-in-ones under that name here in the '80s, but I've never seen such nice stuff and I doubt if they ever sold any of it here. Love it!

Wait until you acquire your first piece! Then you'll understand what it's all about. Fisher used to advertise that theirs was the brand chosen by presidents, executives, symphony conductors, and radio/tv/movie stars.

And welcome!
 
gewoonmaf,
The Fisher era ended in the mid-60s with their acquisition. The Fisher tube stuff is the equipment to look for. Well designed, high quality parts, non-nostalgic quality sound.
 
I'm almost embarrassed to post this dirty pic of my Fisher TA-600. She might not be the belle of the ball in terms of cosmetics but she more than makes up for it in amazing Fisher tube tone.

33ou0io.jpg
 
My avatar shows my 500C. Love it so much I'm considering springing for a recently restored 400 to compare it to.
 
That cabinet looks a lot like the '58 Medalist II I stripped to save the Contemporary.

Scratch that, it looks identical.
 
The pictures are of my 2 Fishers. The 500C was my grandparents and is in really great cosmetic condition and was restored by NOSValves in April of this year. The second photo is my Fisher KX-100 that was built from a kit by my father and was restored by NOSValves in 2006.

IMG_0187.jpg


IMG_0183.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here's my 'lowly' fisher 180, not sure when it was built but i bought it in a pawn shop in reno nv back in '75, gave to my folks who used it til about 5 years ago, then brought it home, deoxed a few switches, and use it once in a while.
works just like new!

000_0002-3.jpg
 
Last edited:
What are the pros and cons of the 500s vs 600 vs 800s?

That's not a simple question.

First, there are...

TA-500
500-S
500-B
500-C
TA-600
TA-800
800-B
800-C

...and those are just the tube models.

The complete answer would be a short novel.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom