• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Linux Video & DVD Editing Anyone ?

Beatnik

What's this ?
Any of you making DVDs with Linux ? I downloaded Cinelerra and found it was pretty easy to learn to edit video and then discovered I can't burn a freaking DVD. Any suggestions on software to edit a video and burn to disc with menu/chapters ?
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm gonna look at those. I haven't done much searching yet, the net was full of hits for that Cinelerra and it's not a bad editor almost like Photoshop Premier was, but can't directly burn anything.
 
i am downloading the studio one right now myself to have a look at it .
do you have synaptic package manager installed ? its my first port of call for software . it doesn't come with later versions of ubuntu like it did with earlier versions
brasero is a basic burning software . you just drag and drop files into it .
 
I just started messing with this, I got Cinelerra installed and messed around with it a bit last night. In Photoshop you could make place markers for the home menu to link to, I'm hoping to be able to do that.
 
In the Cinelerra you can add multiple tracks, both audio and video, move them around etc. adjust delete all that good stuff. Now I have to figure out how to export the finished videos and burn it to disc with menus.
 
I had read the Open Shot reviews and lots of crashing complaints, that's why I tried the other. I'm going to download that package and see how it goes.
 
i found it in the synaptic package manager . you might not have that installed . try software centre . search openshot
 
Installed from the software center, I wish there was an easy way to see everything that was included ? This is what I see scrolling through my applications that is new.

Audacity
Blender
Braserio
DVDisaster
DVD Styler
ImageMagik
Inkscape Vector Graphics Editor
Kdenlive
Openshot Video Editor
Pitivi Video Editor
Subtitle Editor
Synfig Studio
Xjadeo

Okay, now in the software center it shows these all as optional add-ons I didn't have before installing plus Theora video encoder. Before it just showed RecordMyDesktop, I guess because I had that installed previously.

Plenty to look into there for sure. lol
 
Well Cinelerra crashes constantly so I started using openshot. It was working nicely, and now it won't open. Looking online and this seems to be a common problem, but I don't know what to do.

Sometimes depending on the task I really miss microsoft and now photoshop.
 
Uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing opens when I click openshot ? I just wasted a lot of effort editing and saving so I wouldn't lose anything if a crash occurred. lol
 
Last edited:
I've got so many options and can't burn one damn dvd. Editing was no problem, burning a dvd player readable disc has been hell, I can't figure this out at all and instruction manuals for these things never resemble what you get. Suposedly with the kdenlive and k3b an export to dvd option is supposed to happen when you render like their manual shows here: https://kdenlive.org/user-manual/quickstart-guide/first-project/rendering-your-work well it ain't there.

Photoshop was so simple.
 
Back
Top Bottom