• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Little Debbie

JDaniel

Super Member
I know, I know, this isn't technically about cooking.

But does anyone else go through boxes of Little Debbie snacks like we do? My wife buys several boxes each week, and my kids love them, as do I. I've eaten them all my life.

Oatmeal Cakes, Swiss Cake Rolls, Nutty Bars, Banana Twins, Strawberry Shortcake Rolls, Devil Squares..... Oh, and the Pumpkin ones at Halloween.

Maybe it's a Southern Thing. I know they are based out of Chattanooga. Around here, they are packed in school lunches everyday.

Anyone else?

JD
 
Register to hide this ad
I do like the oatmeal cakes, but haven't tried anything else. When I was a kid, it was Drake's Ring Dings, Coffee Cakes and one other...

The Pumpkin sounds good, I'll look for that in a few weeks.
 
Not just a Southern Thing. But sadly, Little Debbie is in my pre-diabetic past.
 
When my kids still lived with me, I ended up having to stop buying Swiss Cake Rolls- no matter how many times I asked them to get a paper towel or napkin when they grabbed a pack, pieces of that chocolate coating got dropped EVERYWHERE. Still bought some of the ones that were like oatmeal cakes (which I love), but were chocolate, just not dipped in land mine variety coatings.
 
I'd buy the peanut butter things to pack in my daughter's lunch and I'd end up eating all of them. I read the nutrition label and stopped buying them.

Sure is good. I still caress the boxes when I go by at the market...
 
Me and my dog share a nutty bar every day after supper. It's his favorite thing and a good excuse for me to eat one.
 
When we take the wrapper off. Is Little Debbie naked? OH Yeah!! let me taste this Naked Debbie. Sorry. Been drinking tonight.:drunk:
 
I remember in the mid 70's going into a 7-11 on Clearwater Beach around 1 am freaking out that they were sold out of "Little Debbie's" and it killed my high so bad that I have yet to recover. My cousin teases me to this day about my munchie love affair with them.

-Mike
 
Actually Little Debbie is not made in Chattanooga. :no: They are made in College Dale, TN. Just a few miles up the road from Chattanooga. Yes, we eat a lot of Little Debbie snack cakes around here. There was a time when I was really hooked on Fudge Rounds. Now, I just like them all. :yes:

TankDonovan
 
Our whole family loves them, but like everyone else said if you read the nutritional lable on them it will scare you to death. I had to quit buying them cause it got to where if I looked at the scales sideways while eating them it would actually move up five pounds. And there so darn addictive a whole pack of those oatmeal cream pies would disappear in a night.:tongue:
 
Actually Little Debbie is not made in Chattanooga. :no: They are made in College Dale, TN. Just a few miles up the road from Chattanooga. Yes, we eat a lot of Little Debbie snack cakes around here. There was a time when I was really hooked on Fudge Rounds. Now, I just like them all. :yes:

TankDonovan

Not only are they made in College Dale, TN but are also made in my hometown of Stuarts Draft, VA which is only about 4 miles from where i live now. Stuarts Draft, VA also has a Hershey's chocolate factory so there are plenty of sweet smells in the air around here. We can get all those sweets at a bargain here also as both plants have outlet stores. One guess in what gets put in kids goodie bags on Halloween :)
-Tony
 
When I was growing up, our neighbor was a BIG Debbie who LOVED Little Debbie's so much she kept her purse chuck full of 'em. When she was in a good mood, she shared and handed them out like it was Halloween. Sadly, her children followed in her footsteps and suffered for it. Mostly teethrot....and the obvious.

My favorites are the Swiss Roll cakie thingies....if only I had some in the pantry. :tears:
 
Much like Richpa, my diabetes and cardiac concerns keep them off the menu around here, but back in the day they were usually easily found in my cupboards. My favorite is the Zebra cakes, although they all were quite tasty!

Damn, now I'm craving them!
 
I love the nutty bars, but I'm only allowed to have one a month now. My stepdaughter's stepdaughter is getting married in May and The Lovely Blanche wants me to lose 60 pounds by then.
 
.....the individually-wrapped Dunkin' Sticks by Little Debbie are my hands-down favorite....you know, the ones that melt in your mouth when you take a bite....along with a mug of coffee, I love to have one or six :D....yes, I don't let myself buy them very often.....

Those may be the highest fat content of all. I used to eat the oatmeal samiches and the Zebra cakes, but I've switched to things that don't have a Crisco and sugar layer in the middle. Ah, fond memories. :thmbsp:
 
When I was broke and struggling for every penny, the Oatmel Cremes were pretty much the best price-to-weight ratio in any deli, especially if you found the nearly-expired ones on discount.

As far as really liking them, I was too spoiled by living near Entenmann's and Hostess bakery outlets...Debbie never quite stacked up.

They're still pretty cheap when you find the gigundo boxes at Costco & similar, and are pretty good for sticking in a tank bag on a motorcycle ride.

je
 
Hi,

Little Debbie Snacks are made with pride about 42 miles from my home 5 days a week in Collegedale, TN. In Collegedale, there's even a Little Debbie Parkway. There is also an excellent public radio station there, WSMC-FM 90.5 and at www.wsmc.org. Beautiful suburb of Chattanooga, TN.
 
Back
Top Bottom