• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Little Debbie

I'd buy the peanut butter things to pack in my daughter's lunch and I'd end up eating all of them. I read the nutrition label and stopped buying them.

Sure is good. I still caress the boxes when I go by at the market...

I feel your pain about Nutty Bars. :tears:
 
Do yourself a favor and try these!

pbjpie.jpg
 
Yep, know all about Little Debbies snacks. My wife works for them at their plant in Stuarts Draft , Va. They are owned by McKee Bakery. My favorites are their cupcakes and scooter pies. What's pretty cool is that every Christmas they give the employees a Little Debbie themed gift. Last year they gave out 1/24 scale metal models of their sponsored Nascar car. Heard they are getting a different driver next year.
She has also been collecting Little Debbie items, found a Little Debbie doll in a TS. This was one of the items given out years ago.
 
I read the nutrition label and stopped buying them.
You read too dang much. Cut it out. :D

.....the individually-wrapped Dunkin' Sticks by Little Debbie are my hands-down favorite....you know, the ones that melt in your mouth when you take a bite....along with a mug of coffee, I love to have one or six :D....yes, I don't let myself buy them very often.....

Alright mulester, you've got me droolin' now... I can eat the dunkin' stix until I'm sick, as long I have hot coffee to wash 'em down.

Zebra cakes take my #2 position... but with cold milk.










I may need to run to the store.
 
Swiss Cake Rolls, Nutty Bars, Oatmeal Cremes and Fudge Rounds YUM. Damn it now I need to go to the store.:drool::D

Oh man, those Swiss Rolls......can't get enough, and luckily my body doesn't react too badly (very low body fat % and low cholesterol still, at 44) (sorry) when I snarf them down.

The only thing keeping me from buying more is my 'cheapness'. I'm big on going to drug stores and the like the day after a holiday, and buying enough of their now 50% off seasonal bags of miniature candy bars to last until the next holiday. Keep 'em in the fridge and grab a few EVERY time the door opens.......

OINK!

Rob
 
dunno, but was more of a hostess fan, followed by drake's, then Peggy Lawton, and Enterman's (sp?) if we wanted to commit to a full cake. Oh, and the Pepperidge farms cakes you needed to keep in the 'fridge!

The hostess orange/yellow cupcakes were my favorite, with the peggy Lawton Chico-chip cookies (a bit salty) a runner up.

Nowadays it's fruits and berries and nuts at home, and dessert out at restaurants if there's room left over...
 
Lived on the Oatmeal rounds when I was a starving contractor. 25 cents a piece, yummmm. Now I'll eat most any of them except the donut sticks, just not my thing. Not that I turn them down when my wife offers. That wold be rude. :D

My favorite of those type snacks is Hostess Snoballs. Yummy and gooey at the same time. Or Zingers any flavor. But I have noticed they have changed and are a bit smaller and not so tasty. But still eatable. :yes:
 
luckily my body doesn't react too badly (very low body fat % and low cholesterol still, at 44) (sorry) when I snarf them down.

OINK!

Rob

Damn you Rob!:D

I blame this thread for picking up a box of those oatmeal cream pies the other day when I made the mistake of going in the grocery store hungry. I just finished the last couple in the box just now.:nono:
 
My favorite of those type snacks is Hostess Snoballs. Yummy and gooey at the same time. Or Zingers any flavor. But I have noticed they have changed and are a bit smaller and not so tasty. But still eatable. :yes:

Since we're widening this beyond Little Debbie, I'm fond of fruit pies myself. Until I looked at the fat grams. Damn!
 
Brownie recipe

I got back into sweets with Hostess cupcakes but they hurt!at $4 for 8 little cakes. Betty Crocker mix for a buck on sale. I use corn oil it is vegetable oil. I might overmeasure the water by a plop. Important is to use ONE egg not two. I don't want "cake like brownies" I want fudgy from hell. I had good luck with a large lasagna pan and it's quick. I used a smaller rectangle last nite and it took longer and the corners were sorta overcooked. And of course these would never have been made without an original Reese's topping. Holiday bells are very creamy but they got chopped cups last nite before cooking. Watch that oven. Make sure it's not psycho on the thermostat it probably is.
 
Back
Top Bottom