• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Look what i found.

Last night I removed the goofy deutz input plug arrangement and installed a terminal strip in its place.
Then I drilled , what is going to be the back of the chassis and put the input jack in the back panel using shielded mic cable to make the run. I plugged it into the radio and it played the music, but it did not sound good. Keep in mind, I have not actually done anything to the amp but replace the electrolytic capacitors, moved the input jack, and fired it up. The whole thing is built with carbon comp resistors I'll almost certainly find a few which have gone high for whatever reason. I should really start drawing a schematic, maybe I'll start that after work today...

Goodness gracious I'm getting quite the collection of tube equipment built up...
 
Today I got the back panels matched up with inputs and outputs, in preparation to wrap the other 3 sides in Walnut. I fired them up and wrote down some critical
voltages.
The plate supply voltage after recap is only 380vdc
I found that interesting. Run the tubes right up near red plate with lower voltage and pump plenty of Current through the primary. Rumor has it that's the secret sauce to the A-430 dynaco. I'm going to add an IEC connector and call the back panel done. Then I'll fire them up and see if they make any power. Fun stuff. I love that you can still find great deals on fun toys. People still have awesome gear stashed that they don't want much for...20240104_191126.jpg20240104_191120.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20240104_191124.jpg
    20240104_191124.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240104_191129.jpg
    20240104_191129.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom