• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for dishwasher brand/model recommendations

Regarding GE Profile:

Our 4 year old wall oven intermittently shuts off when the door is opened.
Luckily, I was able to catch it on cell phone video upon recommendation of the extended warranty company.

Technician came yesterday and hooked up a reader to it like an OBD car reader, no codes stored and he was unable to update the software.
He ordered a new control board. Luckily, we purchased the extended warranty.

In this appliance which basically bakes food at a certain temperature, there are 3 circuit boards plus an electronic control panel-which is my pet peeve with new appliances.

We just renewed the extended warranty on our GE refrigerator, which of course has multiple circuit boards.
From my understanding, it basically cools and freezes food? (note sarcasm...)

:dunno:
 
I have a GE Profile double oven. It's one of the appliances I haven't replaced since I bought my house 2.5 years ago. It still works good. The top oven has seen some use but the bottom one looks like it's brand-new.
 
Bosch are awesome. We have a Serie 6 and it's an amazing dishwasher. I've had previous Boschs and several other brands including a cheap Aldi one that outlasted every other machine! When it died, we bought the Serie 6 Bosch and haven't looked back.

And yes, you need the app if you want the most out of it, but that said, you can operate it perfectly without the app. Ours connects to the internet and does its thing.
 
I really never saw much value in the WI-FI internet connection nor was I really "amazed" by it. My washer & dryer have the same Wi-FI features but I don't utilize it on a washing machine let alone a dishwasher. A feature and app that does nothing for me. I don't need to remotely turn on my dishwasher or monitor it while away.

I put the dishes in it and press the START button and let it do it's thing.

Pretty low-impact feature if you ask me and not overly "amazing".

About the only thing I see about the app that brings any real value is the ability to pre-program the dishwasher to turn on during times of the day when energy prices are lower but that ain't much to get you too excited. I had a Bosch and it was a good dishwasher and never broke but that was about it as far as I was concerned. That was the most-important thing.
 
Last edited:
I like the dishwasher. It's SS with a SS tub. It's also very quiet and it has an express cycle which we almost always use because we scrape and rinse dishes before loading. I'm on a septic and would do that with any brand.
I scrape the major stuff off and rinse before placing dishes into the dishwasher too but don't understand what a septic tank has to do with anything?
 
I should probably try to put less stuff down my drains too since I have a septic tank. How often do you get yours pumped out?
 
I should probably try to put less stuff down my drains too since I have a septic tank. How often do you get yours pumped out?
We have a mound system. The county requires pumping out and inspection every 3 years. I also like to rinse dishes so I can run a 1 hour express cycle in the dishwasher. Some folks put a lot of garbage in the disposal to grind up. I don't like using it, I prefer the trash or composting it. Would you flush what you grind up down the toilet? That's a much smaller diameter pipe to pound that stuff through.
 
Because of having a septic system, in addition to rinsing dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher and using the disposal sparingly, I also have strainers in both sides of the sink which get emptied into the trash, not down the drain.

We have ours pumped on average every 8 years.
 
Back
Top Bottom