• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

looking for reasonable reliable car

It was a priming the pump kind of thing. Things are a bit spread out by me. Walking and cycling might cut it in ideal weather to very few places. I was hoping car provided transport to work to stimulate independence. Oh well.
 
I too sprung for my own first car and insurance. Ironically insurance hasn't gone up significantly since then ( which leads me to believe, now that I think of it, they were raping us:crazy:.
Cars have gone up significantly (maybe not if you figure in inflation/ cost of living)
 
Ironically insurance hasn't gone up significantly since then ( which leads me to believe, now that I think of it, they were raping us:crazy:.
It is insanely priced here in Michigan. Highest in the country, by many accounts. What we're paying here for two cars over 10 years old is ridiculous. Of course the insurers blame a lot of it on uninsured motorists but, if they'd stop to think, they are the ones causing the problem by making it so unaffordable in the first place.

I don't even want to think what it will cost to put my kidlet on the insurance. I did an online quote through AAA and it only came out $100/month extra, which seems to be way too low. And that's putting her on my 19 year old car.
 
Mass is one factor, but design details are probably more important.

My Subaru has reinforced pillars that add a lot strength, but not much mass:

View attachment 778139

Not mine, by the way...story here:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/news/f...199-01cf-566a-b55e-c1f30644f3ae.html?mode=jqm

This happened around 40 miles from Athens, where I live. I was born in Maryville, lived in nearby Alcoa (Aluminum City) my first few years. Late Grandmother had the Alcoa house and lived there until 1980, and rented it until the late 1990's. Wish she'd kept it.
 
The stealerships always take an easy way out, and assume the worst.

And often for good reasons (and sometimes not).

Fact is, they don't have a bunch cheap labor to piddle around with and a good many customers need their car back in a timely manner, not after days or weeks of experimentation and shop comebacks.
 
Back
Top Bottom