• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looking for tube rolling; do you know these tubes ?

Blue Star

Active Member
http://psvanetube.com/wordpress/purchase/psvane-vacuum-tubes/

Quite expensive compared to the other makers in the market. With the amount of tubes I got to roll on my Mac and Line Magnetic its going to be 1500USD + ! Wonder if it is worth.

Anyone here got any experience with these tubes ?

For refernce the stock tubes in Mac are Svetlana and the stock tubes in Line Magnetic are some Chinese make.

The Tubes in the two amps are
Mac - 2x AT7, 4x AX7A, 4x KT88
LM - 2x ASX7, 2x KT88 or EL84 or 6p6p, 2x 845


PS: I have used Gold Lion KT88 in one of my other tube amp with great experience but they blew one channel in my Mac
Thanks for your advice in advance
 
Register to hide this ad
Timing is everything!

A few years ago I acquired a MiniWatt N3 which used one Tungsol 12AX7 and a pair of Sovtek EL84s. This was when Psvane came into the market with a rather good intro price so I took the plunge. It transformed that little amp in an astonishingly good way. The Transcendent GG Preamp used three JJ 12AU7 tubes so that was next. Again, the transformation was all to the better. Then came the driver section of a Bob Latino ST-70. Wow.

As for the larger amp tubes that Psvane has to offer, I dunno. I ordered a matched quad of the Genalex KT88s from Jim McShane and haven't had a problem at all. The Psvane EL84 are marvelous in the N3 with beautiful highs, great mid and very well defined and deep bass. The Sovteks weren't bad but the Psvanes were so much better! Many on this forum and others have extreme opinions about the black Treasure line with some raving about them and others deriding them. Mostly for their looks. Let your ears decide.

As of longevity, I do have a tester and all of these are holding their own and I have not had one failure.

I made the conscious decision to go with new glass where possible because of the scarcity and prices of NOS as well as the variability. I will get flamed for that but we are in a forum where this subjective mysticism approaches that of religious wars and extreme fanaticism. I am saving my obsessive behavior for the music... which is, after all, what this insanity is all about!
 
Another compulsion begins!

But the bullet and ordered the full set for
Mu Mac and Chinese SET. Should be here next week!

Let us know your impressions!

I was skeptical at first but right out of the box they were impressive. Then they just kept getting better!

Would like to know if their QC is keeping up!
 
If they are like my Psvane Treasure KT88z's, they will need a fairly long burn-in. Mine started good but sounded fantastic after about 100 hours. Some even say 300 hours! So don't judge them straight out of the box.
 
Back
Top Bottom