• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lossless Streaming Comparisons.....

In my experience Spotify rules the roost on suggestion and radio algorithms. Rarely do their on the fly or calculated playlists get repetitive or too familiar for me. Other services lag well behind in this regard. Maybe sometime soon they will offer lossless for the audiophiles

I found basically the same with Spotify when I was paying for it. It may have been a little better at it than Tidal but not much IMO. The boost SQ with Tidal More than made up for it.
 
I'm very partial (committed?) to running Audirvana headlessly and using the remote phone app. Therefore it’s Tidal or Qobuz. Tidal sent a 6 mo for the price of 5 re-up offer I’ll probably do.
 
I'm very partial (committed?) to running Audirvana headlessly and using the remote phone app. Therefore it’s Tidal or Qobuz. Tidal sent a 6 mo for the price of 5 re-up offer I’ll probably do.

I just run from the service app on the phones and tablets, but I am not someone that what’s to play with software to listen to music. If digital was more than background or the “find new music radio” I would be.

Edit: and I am a “bring the technology” fanboy
 
I have the digital setup already for playing a large library of my ripped CDs. Probably Been at it a couple maybe 3 years. I’ve just started streaming HQ audio about 4 months ago.
 
No Metallica on Qobuz!!
At first it seemed like AMHD an Qobuz had identical availability. Albums I couldn’t find on one I couldn’t find on the other either.
This weekend though I found out otherwise.
 
I'm a newb at HD streaming. The only thing I've compared is Pandora standard (which I think is 128kps) to Spotify Premium (extreme at 320kbps) via Chromecast Audio and I'm pretty shocked how much better Spotify Premium is. I can't wait to try Tidal and AMHD given the comments here and elsewhere about the difference to Spotify Premium. My iPhone is still on IOS 10 (for reasons too complicated to explain) so it won't even let me download Amazon Music or Tidal apps.

I'm pretty tied into the Spotify ecosystem with shared playlists, so I really wish Spotify would up their game to uncompressed.
 
I'm a newb at HD streaming. The only thing I've compared is Pandora standard (which I think is 128kps) to Spotify Premium (extreme at 320kbps) via Chromecast Audio and I'm pretty shocked how much better Spotify Premium is. I can't wait to try Tidal and AMHD given the comments here and elsewhere about the difference to Spotify Premium. My iPhone is still on IOS 10 (for reasons too complicated to explain) so it won't even let me download Amazon Music or Tidal apps.

I'm pretty tied into the Spotify ecosystem with shared playlists, so I really wish Spotify would up their game to uncompressed.

I was content with Spotify since it’s background and for finding new music for me... then I tried Tidal and Qobuz o_O
 
Tonight I discovered that MConnect will stream from my iPhone to my CCA! Unfortunately for me MConnect Supports Qobuz and Tidal but not AMHD. I’m really sick of the format and service wars between google and amazon and Apple and Samsung etc.
 
Still trying to like Qobuz but wanted to listen to Axe. .. Nothing on Qobuz but discovered there was a 2019 album I never heard yet on AMHD!! Life is always like this —-.!!
 
So it's been a few months now that I've been using both Spotify and Tidal.

In the back of my mind I keep thinking that any day I'm gonna ditch Tidal. I mean, it always sounds better than Spotify.....but not always by a large margin. Then there are days that it does.....like today. It sounds much, much better as if there is a lower noise floor. A blacker background. It's probably just my ears BUT.......hmmmm.

The biggest things against Tidal still remain: It locks up from time to time and the biggest thing for me is not being able to control it from my smartphone/tablet like I can with Spotify. This is huge for me. I've gotten so used to this convenience.

I have a CCA but the sound quality is much better coming from my PC. I dunno why but it is and it's not a subtle difference.

I guess I'll keep biting the bullet for a little longer. Spotify 90% of the time and Tidal when I want better sq for critical listening sessions. In my rig, Tidal sounds every bit as good as cd's......if not better.
 
I'm currently a couple of weeks in to a three month Qobuz trial. Apart from the difficulties of installing the PC and Android apps, and the poor UI, and the amount of CPU it takes, my biggest gripe is that so many albums are 'remastered'; i.e. they are compressed into 'loudness wars' FSD envelope. Even the lauded 'Hi-Res' audio. I guess I should at least be thankful that they used a soft compression algorithm, rather than just hard clipping. But that lack of volume variation gets a bit wearing after a while.

I might just about expect this sort of behaviour for something like death metal, but not for stuff like Jean-Michel Jarre.

It's a bit depressing how the music industry has actively damaged music.
 
That’s y vinylz is my #1 :rockon:. Streaming in still only background and finding new stuffs :thumbsup:
And sounds very good doing that :D

:beerchug:
 
My CDs are also mostly free from this nonsense.

Living in tiny house I had to choose. Have always preferred vinyls and streaming sounds as good or better than the CDs we compared directly. We found we liked a lot of the remaster of stuff from the “loudness war” days better than the original.

:beerchug:
 
Back
Top Bottom