• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lounspeakers Infinity RS-4b - $150 (Webster)

Register to hide this ad
Nice price and they look to be in good cosmetic condition. However, the lower woofers are not original, which will significantly (and negatively) affect performance.

The seller knows absolutely nothing about speakers, either. He/she made up some of the stupidest babble I've ever seen to 'explain' some of the performance statistics:

"With a frequency response of 38Hz-32kHz, this Infinity speaker gives an outstanding sound output with balanced and crisp tones. This home theater speaker (home theater didn't exist when these were built) has nominal impedance of 4-8 ohms which conducts power evenly to keep the speaker at a suitable level (Huh??). Weighing approx 60 lbs, the Infinity RS4B speaker is 42"H X 14 1/2"W X 10 7/8"D in dimension. This Infinity speaker has 600Hz, 4000Hz crossover high pass frequencies to filter out unwanted noises from your speakers (Wow, really??). The power amplifier ranging from 40-150 watts RMS per channel for this home theater speaker ensures a high audio performance (high on what??)."
 
Nice price and they look to be in good cosmetic condition. However, the lower woofers are not original, which will significantly (and negatively) affect performance.

The seller knows absolutely nothing about speakers, either. He/she made up some of the stupidest babble I've ever seen to 'explain' some of the performance statistics:

"With a frequency response of 38Hz-32kHz, this Infinity speaker gives an outstanding sound output with balanced and crisp tones. This home theater speaker (home theater didn't exist when these were built) has nominal impedance of 4-8 ohms which conducts power evenly to keep the speaker at a suitable level (Huh??). Weighing approx 60 lbs, the Infinity RS4B speaker is 42"H X 14 1/2"W X 10 7/8"D in dimension. This Infinity speaker has 600Hz, 4000Hz crossover high pass frequencies to filter out unwanted noises from your speakers (Wow, really??). The power amplifier ranging from 40-150 watts RMS per channel for this home theater speaker ensures a high audio performance (high on what??)."

Good catch, I didn't notice the lower driver. And the description is quite funny. :p

To the OP, if you can secure a pair of original lower drivers to swap the fakes with, I'd at least take a look and see if they're in good condition.
 
I asked about the woofers:

Jim,

One of the 8" woofers developed a defect several years ago. I couldn't
get an exact Infinity replacement but did get a high quality 8"
replacement which fit very well. To maintain balance between the 2
speakers, I replaced the bottom woofer in both speakers even though only
the one was defective. I found the sound to be unchanged to my ear after
the replacements. Everything else is original I have not replaced the
foam in the other woofers since it is in good shape in both of them. I
can send a close up of one speaker with the grill removed if you are
interested. Call if you have more questions. 585 872-5167

Thanks.

Pete

Also asked if he still had old one or both - no he doesn't. I need a new project like I need another hole in my head :no:
 
If he wasn't 5 hours away, I'd pick those suckers up *today*, but I'm far more desperate for a good deal. xD
 
Back
Top Bottom