• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lubricating main bearing on the Pioneer PL-630

I´ll just leave it then :-) But since its is a machine I obtained recently I don´t know if somebody oiled it earlier on - and then what, if that is the case?? And how to see if that is the case.
Measuring the W&F turns out quite good - better in 45 than 33 though:
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260929_071129108.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg
    PXL_20260929_071129108.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20260929_071217962.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg
    PXL_20260929_071217962.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 10
And if I want to be absolutely sure the bearing is as best as possible. Even if I cant find traces of oil in it - is there any good way to clean the bearing free of any theoretical left residue of oil? I can feel I get a little paranoid here, since I dont know what happened to the bearing earlier on in its life :-)
 
And if I want to be absolutely sure the bearing is as best as possible. Even if I cant find traces of oil in it - is there any good way to clean the bearing free of any theoretical left residue of oil? I can feel I get a little paranoid here, since I dont know what happened to the bearing earlier on in its life :-)
I´ll just leave it then :-) But since its is a machine I obtained recently I don´t know if somebody oiled it earlier on - and then what, if that is the case?? And how to see if that is the case.
Measuring the W&F turns out quite good - better in 45 than 33 though:
I wouldn't worry about it. The best predictor of future performance is past performance, and your W&F readings are very good, a sign that the oil and bearing are doing their job very well. Its not like the performance will suddenly change.
 
I don't have experience with this table, but many PLL DD motors are more than capable of inflicting real damage to themselves without any sign of a problem due to how much torque they have and how good the servo is at correcting rotational errors. IOW, in most cases, by the time you notice an issue, the damage will be done.
 
Back
Top Bottom