• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lyrics - What grabs you? Anything just catch your attention lately?

barefootbrew

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just spit out a lyric you like. Doesn't have to be your favorite. Maybe just something you recently heard. It would be nice to reference the artist and song.


"I got a story ain't no moral,
I let the bad guy win every once in a while"


Billy Preston - Will It Go Round in Circles
 
Register to hide this ad
My Sh*t's F*#ked Up -- Warren Zevon

Well I went to the doctor

I said "I'm feeling kind of rough"
He said "I'll break it to you, son"
"Let me break it to you, son"
"Your sh*t's f*#ked up"
I said "my sh*t's f*#ked up?"
"Well, I don't see how"
He said "The sh*t that used to work-
It won't work now."
 
I really really really really really really like you
And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?
I really really really really really really like you
And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?

Carly Rae Jepsen- "I Really Like You"
 
Con Funk Shun - (Let Me Put) Love On Your Mind

You can't go on
Hiding your feelings
Your whole life through, oh, yeah

You're being half a woman
Oh, until love
Becomes part of you, yeah


Don't you think it's time
You tried to find
Someone
To fulfill your needs, oh

Let me put love on your mind
Let me be the one to put a smile in your life
Let me put love on your mind
Let me put love on your mind

These West Coast funkateers sang their asses off on this song.
 
Another Warren Zevon

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of SoHo in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein

You hear him howling around your kitchen door
You better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of London again

He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair
You better stay away from him
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
I'd like to meet his tailor

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen
Doing the Werewolves of London
I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen
Doing the Werewolves of London
I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect
 
She cuts you hard, she cuts you deep,
She's got so much skill
She's so fascinating that you're still there waiting
When she comes back for the kill
You've been slashed in the face
You've been left there to bleed
You want to run away
But you know you're gonna stay
'Cause she gives you what you need
Then she says she wants affection
While she searches for the vein
She's so good with her stiletto
You don't really mind the pain


Stiletto - Billy Joel
 
I pushed the button and elected him to office, and
He pushed the button, and he dropped the bomb
You pushed the button, and could watch it on the television
Those m##### f###### didn't last too long

I'm sick of hearing 'bout the have and have-not's
Have some personal accountability
The biggest problem with the way that we are doing things is
The more we let you have, the less that I'll be keeping for me

Well, I used to stand for something
Now I'm on my hands and knees
Turning in my god for this one
And he signs his name with a capital G

Nine Inch Nails - Capitol G
 
Upon a moonless midnight
He robbed a travelin' man
The jury gave him twenty-one years
In a jail in Birmingham
His father's advice his mother's prayers
His sweetheart's tears were vain
They never knew what became of him
For he never wrote home again

Now all you boys remember
These words I'm tellin' you
Don't ever forsake your loved ones
Or your parents kind and true
Remember wherever you travel
Wherever you may roam
You'll never find what you left behind
Your loved ones and your home
 
"You ain't the kind of friend I'd like to take home to my mother"
Fanny, A Person Like You on Charity Ball,
 
And you say you should have been a ballerina, babe,
There are songs I should have sung,
But I guess our dreams have come and gone,
You're s'posed to dream when you are young.

Harry Chapin, Dreams Go By
 
Back
Top Bottom