• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

M&K original Volkswoofer

Jenkster

When I had talent
Subscriber
http://chico.craigslist.org/ele/2906478810.html

Here's something you don't see every day, an original M&K Volkswoofer from 1977. Touted to be the first powered sub-woofer for home use. If I had an extra $200, I would probably buy it just for the historical value and I think it's pretty cool.:cool: Anyone out there still use one of these? No affiliation.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have one too. It Works great but I'm selling it to make room for an Infinity IL120. I also have #4 M&K SX-4 sats that I need to sell with it.
 
I have one also in need of a refoam and who knows what else. Just another future project and I also have perfect S-1B sats I`ve been currently listening to blended with the Vandies.
 
I have 1 and it is great. It still gets lower that most today costing less than $1500 IMOP. It also can play music with and sometimes better than the best, out there.
 
Yep, I have a later era one that was somewhat buggered -
I got it off ebay and although the plate was still there, the amp had been removed. I got it because I loved the beautiful wood and the shape of the box.

Later on a friend offered me a working M&K plate amp and I put that in place, tho it has high level inputs only (no sub-in port).
Once I got it working I found it was a perfect match for the Maggies.
Just a light touch was all that was needed to fill in the bottom-end.
The maggies were sold last fall. I still have the Volkswoofer, tho its not currently in use.

The big JBLs (customized from L200s) now have 2 inch mid drivers and are my go-to speakers in that room.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Volkswoofer.jpg
    Volkswoofer.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=312965

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2791191&postcount=14

Lets just stop talking about that Old M&K Volkswoofer. It only goes down to 18Hz, cleanly and plays music to. Better to look at a $1500 plus sub they make today. The Volkswoofer ain't that great.:smoke:

And plus, I'm looking for a another one, for $75, cause I got rid of my $1200 Velodyne subwoofer, and this might make the prices go up on the now :under the radar", possibly the Best "Sleeper Sub" out there "Volkswoofer". :thmbsp:
 
Makes me wonder, as to how many iterations of the volkswoofer there are. I have two different ones. Only difference is internal. Besides the cone material and the veneer.
 
Back
Top Bottom