• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

M&K subwoofer

MX-1000 or MX-100?

Above the amp, there is a sticker that says MX-1000. Below the amp, there is a sticker that says MX-100...and has the serial number on it. There is NO indication on the amp itself as to model number. Everything looks original and unmolested. So which is it? I hope this is not a home theater (THX) subwoofer.
 
Last edited:
The MX100 sub should have push pull desgin with two 12" subwoofers .I dont know about the MX-1000 you got any pics and why you hope its not the THX one as that sub is really good for both music and music .
 
Photos

Front and back...

MX-100 or MX-1000? :scratch2:
 

Attachments

  • M&K MX-100 or 1000 front.jpg
    M&K MX-100 or 1000 front.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 36
  • M&K MX-100 or 1000 back.jpg
    M&K MX-100 or 1000 back.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 41
I have an vx-7 volkswoofer currently that seems to work very well with smaller speakers. It doesn't have an adjustable crossover though just a volume knob on the back. I am also going to be picking up a larger 12" model powered volkswoofer tonight. I will report back with model info and pics once i get it.
 
The one i pcked up yeterday says the volkswoofer amplified servo subwoofer on the back. It has wood sides and the grill covers the top and the front, it also has a dark colored sheet of glass for the top. The previous owner said the bass was never the same once he replaced the woofer. When i picked it up yesterday i noticed the new woofer he had installed at one point was one of the new superfast m&k woofers. I also noticed he never used any type of sealant on the woofer or cabinet which was most likely attached to the old woofer. That could have easily been his bass problem. Or the caps could just be worn out. I will report back with pics and such as soon as i have a bit of time.
 
M&k 125

Just brought this home from a local
purchase.
Happy!!
Have two volkswoofers,
a V-III
and a VK7 and VK4.
All hapopy!!
 
Back
Top Bottom