• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mac Power Poll

McIntosh Power Poll

  • 25 to 75 watts

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • 75 to 150 watts

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • 150 to 300 watts

    Votes: 15 12.7%
  • 300 to 600 watts

    Votes: 19 16.1%
  • 600 to 1200 watts

    Votes: 18 15.3%
  • 1200 to 2400 watts

    Votes: 19 16.1%
  • 2400 to 4800 watts

    Votes: 7 5.9%
  • 4800 to 9600 watts

    Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Over 9600 watts

    Votes: 2 1.7%

  • Total voters
    118
MC501 (3) L & R Front, Center
MC402 L & R Surround

Sub amp is non-Mac.......................and I have yet to use all those Mac Watts.
 
I never put a pen to it, but this poll had me add up 2x1201, 501 and 252 and was surprised to see it add up to 3150 Watts..... Holy Watt Meter Robin !!

I used to be happy with 100 wpc, what happened

Whoops left out the SUB which is 1000 Watts so

total is 4150 Watts then still in the same group though
 
Weren't the wattage totals supposed to be restricted to those of the McIntosh-only components in the main system only? Maybe we need another poll for total household audio-related wattage.
 
Now that would be scary!
Since I'm still without power at my house in Houston, and having withdrawal symptoms from my McIntosh while staying at our daughter's place in Austin, I've been checking out whole house generators. Costco.com has a 45000 watt, natural gas fired model capable of 200 amps. Of course, it's only $19,989 plus tax plus installation. Ivan, I guess you would need two just for your Florida theater.:banana::banana:
 
Since I'm still without power at my house in Houston, and having withdrawal symptoms from my McIntosh while staying at our daughter's place in Austin, I've been checking out whole house generators. Costco.com has a 45000 watt, natural gas fired model capable of 200 amps. Of course, it's only $19,989 plus tax plus installation. Ivan, I guess you would need two just for your Florida theater.:banana::banana:

Yup, your math is correct & a Gonzo natural gas tank to boot, say 2000 gallons!
 
Another dead thread...I see myself as the hiker walking up to the abondoned campsite, campfire smoldering, old cans strewn around... I've got to find out when happy hour is around this place! :D Anyway, better late than never... Ive got 1300 watts driving my main system and 450 HP sitting in the carport(2- 3.0 liter Beamers) and one 59 HP Beatle convertible in the garage(probably the automotive equlivent of an MC30?).
 
Here I sit lonely hearted, paid my dime and only.....

Surely someone else is as crazy as me... Anyone???
 
Surely someone else is as crazy as me... Anyone???
Only one guy I can think of. :D

HomerCrazy.gif
 
Another dead thread ... and one 59 HP Beatle convertible in the garage(probably the automotive equlivent of an MC30?).
That's an excellent car. :thmbsp:

Okay, am I officially the least powered on the block with a pair of Mc-30s? Or is someone limboing in under me? I'll go to a Mc-225 if I have to. I'm just that nuts.
 
Back
Top Bottom