Thanks for all the advice in the other thread, last night I got the amp up and running, and it sounds great!
I replaced all the electrolytics with Panasonic caps in the amp, radio/preamp and mpx. Added a few terminal strips for them to sit on.
For safety, I replaced the filter cap that bridges the line in with an X1/Y2 cap, and added a 1.5 amp inline fuse and a new cord with a polarized plug.
Also upgraded the coupling caps in the amp from the stock .0015 / .047 to .01 and .1 per some advice elsewhere on this site, which gave the sound a big boost. Used IC film caps here. Maybe should have gone with polypropylene instead of polyester, but it is still pretty quiet.
Checked all the resistors and replaced anything 10%ish out of tolerance. I ended up using 1 watt carbon films that I got from a local part house.
When it all went back together, Channel 1 was really quiet, which I traced back to the 220k resistor on pin 6 of the 6EU7. It was giving the right ohm readings, but measuring the voltage on either channel showed 180vdc for channel 2 on pin 6 and only 150vdc on channel one. Replaced this resistor and the channels are now nicely balanced.
Some of the advice in the other thread suggesting bucking the power transformer, but I am getting 6.5V AC on the heaters, so I think I can leave well enough alone here.
All and all very happy with the results of my first restoration! If you guys have any advice on other things that could/should be done I'm all ears!
Now to get the turntable working....

I replaced all the electrolytics with Panasonic caps in the amp, radio/preamp and mpx. Added a few terminal strips for them to sit on.
For safety, I replaced the filter cap that bridges the line in with an X1/Y2 cap, and added a 1.5 amp inline fuse and a new cord with a polarized plug.
Also upgraded the coupling caps in the amp from the stock .0015 / .047 to .01 and .1 per some advice elsewhere on this site, which gave the sound a big boost. Used IC film caps here. Maybe should have gone with polypropylene instead of polyester, but it is still pretty quiet.
Checked all the resistors and replaced anything 10%ish out of tolerance. I ended up using 1 watt carbon films that I got from a local part house.
When it all went back together, Channel 1 was really quiet, which I traced back to the 220k resistor on pin 6 of the 6EU7. It was giving the right ohm readings, but measuring the voltage on either channel showed 180vdc for channel 2 on pin 6 and only 150vdc on channel one. Replaced this resistor and the channels are now nicely balanced.
Some of the advice in the other thread suggesting bucking the power transformer, but I am getting 6.5V AC on the heaters, so I think I can leave well enough alone here.
All and all very happy with the results of my first restoration! If you guys have any advice on other things that could/should be done I'm all ears!
Now to get the turntable working....
