• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mahogany MC2205 Cabinet

kevzep

Its all about the Music
So when my MC2205 turned up with the cabinet completely destroyed, my friend who is a boat builder laughed at the complete "cheapness" of the original cabinet and he decided I needed a new solid Mahogany cabinet.

It took him a while, but I did not mind at all, because he would not let me pay him for it!!

I will get some better shots later, but here are a few now.....

He is a genius!! I could not be happier with it......

img1101mh.jpg

img1100cd.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Wow, that's nice, post some more shots if you have them. Wouldn't mind have a case like that for my MC352.
 
Thanks guys, Im super happy with it, he chose a nice piece of wood, I wasnt expecting it to be as good as it is....
He was going to do the same cutout on the top and fit the grill as per the original design, but he thought the slots would show more wood....I like the slots, gives it a real classic look....:music:
 
So when my MC2205 turned up with the cabinet completely destroyed, my friend who is a boat builder laughed at the complete "cheapness" of the original cabinet and he decided I needed a new solid Mahogany cabinet.

It took him a while, but I did not mind at all, because he would not let me pay him for it!!

I will get some better shots later, but here are a few now.....

He is a genius!! I could not be happier with it......

img1101mh.jpg

img1100cd.jpg


Will it float?:D
 
Great looking cabinet.

I was always confused why Mc would utilize such dinky particle board cabinets.

So, what...with that cabinet, your unit weighs about 150 lbs now? ;)
 
kev - that is one *&^%$# gorgeous cabinet!

It is so much more than I expected, and yes it would probably float, it sure floats the 2205!!

It is so heavy now, nearly as heavy as the MC352.......:yes:

Some malfunction has happened with the picture sizing, I will try to fix that....
Wasnt like that yesterday...
 
That is stunning. Now all you need to do is commission your friend to build cabs for the rest if your gear.
 
That is stunning. Now all you need to do is commission your friend to build cabs for the rest if your gear.

My thoughts exactly!!

I'd love to see some of the boats he's built...

He is a true craftsman, and artist......and these days they are a dying breed thats for sure.....

I will get some more pictures in the weekend, been very busy this week....
 
That is beautiful. I really like what he did for the venting. I like to see a shot of "them" from the front with the camera looking slightly down at it. I've never seen Mahogany grain like that.
 
Very macho looking!!

Wonder if your 2205 is saying "do I look FAT in this cabinet?" Lol





Ok it's a joke.. just having some fun with it! :thmbsp:


-Gregory
 
Back
Top Bottom