• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Man drives 91 Honda Accord 1M miles

Register to hide this ad
Had to check that out...Honda hasn't made the Prelude in ten years, so I wondered if they gave him a ten-year old car. :eek:

...naaa. They gave him a 2012 Accord.
 
Well... based on MY experience with an '89 Honda Civic the muffler has been replaced 33.3 times.

And the timing chain about 1/2 that many times... :no:
 
I have to say after owning Hondas fro 1978-1996 between those years the best I.M.O. was the 1990-93 Accords from the DX,LX and best the EX.
 
It was a new Accord sorry not a Prelude. His cars name was "True Blue". Some Hondas have bad head gaskets. Were the best Hondas the ones that were made in the USA?
 
I'd park the new one and keep driving the old one and shoot for two million. :yes:
 
I don't think it's uncommon to get high mileage from a car. Just take care of it and it'll last you as long as you want it to. I sold a 2000 Ford Mustang with 200K miles on it, in basically mint condition a couple years ago. In 200k miles I only replaced a fuel pump, did a break job, a tune up, and a new clutch.
 
Must be the most excitement that town has seen in a long time!
I rented an Accord for a weekend this year. It was OK, but I wouldn't buy one.
 
I owned 2 Honda's with well over 200K miles.
They both ran like Swiss watches, until they were 'clocked' (pun intended) by a pair of older drivers making illegal turns
Change the oil & filter on them on a REGULAR basis, and they'll damm near run forever!

Steve
 
Yeah, it's not uncommon for Honda's to go 1M miles. But cool nonetheless, mainly due to the fact that the guy kept it pristine. I would too. A clean/well maintained car gets the best MPG's. Also, if the engine is kept clean and not allowed to "cake" up, it will keep it's cool. Motors that get grease, oil & dirt built up on them is a big cause of failure, because when that stuff stays on there it acts like insulation, keeping the heat in there, causing hot spots and premature failure.
 
Back
Top Bottom