• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 1030

speedycoolda

New Member
Hi I don't know if anyone can help I'm renovating a Marantz 1030 the P700 board was in bad shape.
I need replacements for these any help would be appreciated.

H701,702 = C945 Replacement
H703,704 = C1318 Replacement
H705,706 = C371 Replacement
H707,708 = A562 Replacement
H709,710 = C1384 Replacement
H711,712 = A684 Replacement
Thank you
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi i don't know if anyone knows but on the P700 board there's 2x 22ohm R743 R744 and 2x 680ohm at R745 R746 should these be fusible resistors please because on the right channel hand D315D where blown these resistors got really hot by the looks of it thanks david
 
Also, when you solder them into the board, you can raise them off the board a bit so you get better airflow around the resistor.
 
Hi could I ask a question someone has said I can use the KSC2690AY and TTA004B,Q(S) in replacement for the 2SA684 and the 2SC1384 as I cant find any KSA1220AY as I have quite a few KSC2690AY and TTA004B,Q(S) for the H709 H710 and H11 and H712 sorry in advance for all the questions I'm just a bit confused I will post pictures when I'm further on with the project thanks David
 
I can use the KSC2690AY and TTA004B,Q(S)
The preferred approach is to use xxxxxx and it's complement,ie
KSC2690 and KSA1220 or
TTA004B and TTC004B

and not to mix as suggested.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, plenty of KSC but no KSA1220's. Apparently KSA1220/KSC2690's are being made in S Korea (KTRxxx???) Need to dig it up...
 
Hi I've got the PNP version TTA004B I've just ordered the NPN version £4.79 for ten from Farnell lol as I have seen a seller on eBay that wants £5.40 for one KSA1220 then your taking a gamble lol thanks for helping David
https://uk.farnell.com/toshiba/tta004b-q-s/trans-bipolar-pnp-160v-1-5a-to/dp/3870094
https://uk.farnell.com/toshiba/tta004b-q-s/trans-bipolar-pnp-160v-1-5a-to/dp/3870094
 
Also, when you solder them into the board, you can raise them off the board a bit so you get better airflow around the resistor.
I don't believe what I've done but I had taken a load of pictures of the wiring from the D315d to the P700 board so when fitting the MJE15032G I would know where the EBC would go but little did I know my son had my phone earlier and they have been deleted so I'm up the creek without a paddle unless someone can help me oh my what a day

​

 
Just follow the schematic below and follow the wires from the transistor to the corresponding pin on the P700 board connector.

1788324363361.png
1788324912829.png
 
Last edited:
I just want to say thank you for everyone's help I'm going to post some pictures soon I just want to know is there anywhere I can get a Bridge Rectifier Replacement KIT Marantz 1030 as eBay list them but all from us without this group I would have been up the creek without a paddle lol
 
SM has unregulated supply bridge as 5B2, google for datasheet, found this link but not much included. I would be looking for a part from the major suppliers (not the bay) that meets/exceeds these specs.
 
This is what AI says about the original 5B1 (AI is not always correct)
1791334360786.png
How much space do you have to mount a bridge rectifier onto the chassis?
There are several alternatives but a different form factor.

1791332641063.png
This one should work if you can mount it to one of the original screws.
It is 0.62 in x 0.62 in x 0.2 in

1791334007299.png
1791334131263.png
1791333916384.png
 
Last edited:
I get all parts from Digi key or Farnell's as your right eBay things will always go wrong thanks for the info
This is what AI says about the original 5B1 (AI is not always correct)
View attachment 3851648
How much space do you have to mount a bridge rectifier onto the chassis?
There are several alternatives but a different form factor.

View attachment 3851624
This one should work if you can mount it to one of the original screws.
It is 0.62 in x 0.62 in x 0.2 in

View attachment 3851643
View attachment 3851646
View attachment 3851642
thanks for this its a great help thankyou
 
Back
Top Bottom