• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2270 advice

The 5000 serial number range and under had a champagne or gold tinge to the faceplate. Unless you have something silver to compare it to it may be hard to notice.

Upon closer examination, I believe you are right. It doesn't quite match the knobs or my stainless steel coffee mug. I always thought it was silver but 'dull'. But now that I look at it real close, it does have just a hint of gold. It is very, very subtile but it is there. Very cool. I really like this unit and like it a bit more now that it is a little more unusual.

Thanks
 
The 5000 serial number range and under had a champagne or gold tinge to the faceplate. Unless you have something silver to compare it to it may be hard to notice.

Awww, shoot!:sigh: Serial number 5848, so mine missed being Champagne. Still, good info to have.

Polar Bear, do you know a website that has this type of info on vintage Marantz?

Thor
 
Back
Top Bottom