• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2270 w/black faceplate

Has anyone heard from him recently?

I sent a couple of messages via ebay and have not received a reply as yet.

There is another source that was in the process of making champagne on black faceplates, but it looks like they ran into a problem with the etching process.
 
I talked to him by phone a month or so ago. Great guy. He has to utilize four different companies to get these plates made, and they are industrial type companies only interested in the job if there are at least 30 or 40 to do. So he waits until he has enough orders to have a batch made. I ultimately got his info from Instagram with a search on Marantz_19. It has his e-mail address.
Steve
 
Thanks Steven, since I don't use Instagram would it be possible for you to PM his email address if not too much trouble?
Bruce
 
Here are a few of my restorations using TMZ2's laser etched black faceplates....
ooH2n7z.jpg





Zz98vNE.jpg


UM1LK1o.jpg


6Rzm7jQ.jpg


My own 4400 with a rare late production blue scope(not a gel in front of scope)....

CTMXNh4.jpg



And finally an extremely rare black faceplate European 2385...
(Unfortunately I have not been able to coax Tony into making some of these.)

woVUEqS.jpg


PAu2Dlz.jpg



Bob
 
Absolutely SICK!! Kudos.
I've a 2245 that was restored back 9.5/10 but still with the silver face plate... All you guys are really bumming me out over'ere...LOL

Ha! Thanks a lot. Really appreciate that. If you even consider going to a black faceplate / case, do not hesitate! I've been extremely happy with it so far. What a fun little project too! My 2270 is all original except for a couple new lamps. The only problem with it I know of is that my Phono 2 doesn't work well, but other than that it's in great working condition for it's age. I've been tempted to send it in for a restore just so I don't have to mess with it when something finally goes belly up, but...cost and having to be without it for any length of time just kills me inside. Anywho, I managed to get this one off a friend for a cool $200 after he snagged it from a local good will for...$10!!! I feel like we both made out like bandits. :) I did buy a wood case for it (that I still have) but the mdf was dry and a bit crumbly. Getting the black case and faceplate just seemed like the next move to make since it would match perfectly with my Technics 1210M5G. No regrets here whatsoever!
 
What a beautiful receiver! Congrats on a job well done. If it hasn't been refurbished, save your pennies and let one of our AK experts renew it for you. I guarantee you will be able to tell the difference. :thumbsup:
 
What a beautiful receiver! Congrats on a job well done. If it hasn't been refurbished, save your pennies and let one of our AK experts renew it for you. I guarantee you will be able to tell the difference. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Still kind of new to all of this and the forum. Is there a directory around with the AK experts that can refurb my 2270? Big forum...it's easy to get lost. :confused::eek::biggrin:
 
Thanks! Still kind of new to all of this and the forum. Is there a directory around with the AK experts that can refurb my 2270? Big forum...it's easy to get lost. :confused::eek::biggrin:
Where are you located? Maybe you are already close to one of them.
 
Captain it's nice to see a fellow member so close with the same passion. I'm in Cambridge and frequently stop in at Records On Wheels. Those two units look awesome together. I also have the 2270 with black faceplate. Looks great.

GT.
 
Captain it's nice to see a fellow member so close with the same passion. I'm in Cambridge and frequently stop in at Records On Wheels. Those two units look awesome together. I also have the 2270 with black faceplate. Looks great.

GT.
Thanks Dearslayer - much appreciated! I don't go into Records On Wheels much - no turntable, but it's a great place, I agree.
 
Yes!

Tony has gotten very busy with other things in his life(all good!) and was going to stop making these.

His black faceplates are the only ones out there that are professionally fabricated to oem specs and laser etched making them truly special!

I asked him what could be done for him to continue and he said if I would assume marketing,distribution and sales then he would continue.

So here we are.

Bob
 
Where are you located? Maybe you are already close to one of them.

Southeastern Oklahoma - where there is quite literally nothing but cows, fields, and well...a whole lot of nothing. :) I'd love to find a good talented reputable expert in OKC or closer, but I suspect Texas is probably my best bet.
 
Back
Top Bottom