• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2325 Completely Converted to LED's!

hadrian333

Active Member
The lamps on this receiver are completely converted to LED's now. I used the Northridge Electronics Bi-pin LED's for all the nomenclature lamps and the tuning indicator and the Northridge Electronics LED fuse lamps for all background lighting sold on their Ebay store. The fuse lamps snapped into place and the Bi-Pin LED's were soldered in place. I love the looks of the LED compared to the standard lamps. Hopefully, I'll never have to replace the lights in this receiver!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=339075&stc=1&d=1332866551
 

Attachments

  • 2325.jpg
    2325.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 797
Register to hide this ad
As the photo shows, the brightness is just right. I used the 12V bipin LED's for all nomenclature lamps and the tuning indicator and the brightness of the lamps are just right for this unit. Those LED's should last even longer since the LED's are designed to operate at a high current rating.
 
The lamps on this receiver are completely converted to LED's now. I used the Northridge Electronics Bi-pin LED's for all the nomenclature lamps and the tuning indicator and the Northridge Electronics LED fuse lamps for all background lighting sold on their Ebay store. The fuse lamps snapped into place and the Bi-Pin LED's were soldered in place. I love the looks of the LED compared to the standard lamps. Hopefully, I'll never have to replace the lights in this receiver!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=339075&stc=1&d=1332866551

Hi Tom,

Got LEDs (thanks!) and converted my Onkyo TX-4500 from yellow to blue lights - looks much sharper :banana:! Running cooler as well, those standard lamps were producing a lot of heat. Next will be Marantz, until I still have a place where to put LEDs in as the plastic bezel is almost completely burned by the incandescent bulbs.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3523 RAW 72 copy.jpg
    IMG_3523 RAW 72 copy.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3740 RAW 72 copy.jpg
    IMG_3740 RAW 72 copy.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 244
Your TX4500 looks great! The front panel glass has a bit of tint to it and the LED brings out the brightness just right. Your photo is awesome!
 
I'm conflicted on this. I also remember people doing the modifications on split window 'Vettes to make them look newer by going to the single glass rear windshield .....
 
I'm conflicted on this. I also remember people doing the modifications on split window 'Vettes to make them look newer by going to the single glass rear windshield .....

Looks great but I get your point. I don't think going LED will affect 2325 value... may actually increase it... unlike the 'Vette.
 
The lamps on this receiver are completely converted to LED's now. I used the Northridge Electronics Bi-pin LED's for all the nomenclature lamps and the tuning indicator and the Northridge Electronics LED fuse lamps for all background lighting sold on their Ebay store. The fuse lamps snapped into place and the Bi-Pin LED's were soldered in place. I love the looks of the LED compared to the standard lamps. Hopefully, I'll never have to replace the lights in this receiver!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=339075&stc=1&d=1332866551

Looks great.
 
Changing the fuse-style lamps to LEDs is a complete no-brainer IMO. Looks phenomenal, much better than how these aging beauties would look otherwise, and it's incredibly easy to reverse if for any reason that's desired at a later date. But frankly I prefer the look of this era Marantz after an LED conversion. As always, YMMV.
 
Looks great. Reading other posts about the work they put into converting made it not seem worth it, but finding pretty much drop-in definitely makes it the way to go. The lighting (on both units posted) look even and balanced just as if it were original incandescents.
 
They both look great. I think changing the Onkyo to blue is an improvement.

I'm thinking of doing a similar thing to my receiver. I've had two bulbs go recently - I changed one a few months ago and now another ones gone, so I'm gonna have to open it up again. :thumbsdn: I've seen some nice high brightness warm white LEDs that have a very similar looking colour spectrum to an incandescent lamp which I'll probably use. At least it's easy to change back if I don't like it.
 
the onkyo came out looking really nice i have just done my marantz 4400 im in 2 minds because i did kind of like the aqua incadesent look i have a deep blue now but have also changed the 5220 tapedeck bulbs to led so they match the only issue i have is the scope filter is already blue on mine but it has that aqua look so need to find a deeper blue plastic see through acrylic to compensate to make it a deeper blue so it matches the dial
 
Hi Tom,

Got LEDs (thanks!) and converted my Onkyo TX-4500 from yellow to blue lights - looks much sharper :banana:! Running cooler as well, those standard lamps were producing a lot of heat. Next will be Marantz, until I still have a place where to put LEDs in as the plastic bezel is almost completely burned by the incandescent bulbs.
That looks sick.....thanks for sharing :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
Which bi-pins did you drop in there? I have a 2235 I'm rebuilding and will need lamps. Want to convert the bi-pins as well. Can you wire a bi-pin in for the dial indicator?
 
2325 lamp requirement

On the Marantz 2325 you need:

(9) 8v bipin lamps for function indicator and dial pointer
(8) 8V fuse lamps for dial and meter lamps

For further info, you can contact me at hadrian333@yahoo.com.
 
Back
Top Bottom