• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz Service Manual error thread

The Marantz 3200 Schematic shows a Trace/Wire going from the Tape 2 Right Channel IN directly to the Chassis ground and pin 2 on the DIN socket. This trace does not exist and would constitute a direct short.

3200 Schematic Correction.jpg
 
Last edited:
The Marantz 3200 Schematic shows C401 & C402 (input side of phono board) as 1uF/50V. Parts list and actual component is 2.2uf/35V.

I've also attached a PNG image of the schematic with all of the corrections from this thread (see below). Image also includes color coded audio paths some might find helpful

Cheers,
Wade

P400-Corrections.jpg
3200 Schematic 2.png
 
Last edited:
Marantz 2325 Schematic Error:
The +60V (from C008) and -60V (from C007) are routed to the wrong rails on the P700 board on the schematic. They are swapped.
 
After thinking a bit about the above post I wondered about the Marantz 2265.

The biasing instructions say to use pins that aren't on the board. Maybe there are two different boards?

On the schematic I circled the pins that should be used. Pins J709 and J712.

Screenshot (1144).png

Screenshot (1145).png
 
Is ECB marking on silkscreen wrong on H803 ; H805 power board 2275 ? Should be EBC ?
 
Last edited:
Help us out! If you've run across anything that's wrong in the Marantz service manuals, post it!
Marantz Model 150 Tuner:
My Serial # 1671
The PDF schematic of the power supply Connector JO11 Pin 15 Shows a voltage of 33 Volts DC. This feeds the Output rear section of the tuner. In fact the Voltage is really Around 25 Volts when on and measured. When this lead is disconnected from the terminal it will show somewhere around 48 Volts DC and when reconnected it read s again Around 25 Volts.

Since I have a new version in serial # I have checked the same terminal. It also reads around 25 Volts DC. So I would assume this is a Mistake on the Schematic reading 33 Volts DC.
 
Hello, I am new and confused. Can someone please help me with a link for a 2250B service manual? I'm looking for idle-current adjustment information.
 
On my bench a Quad 4300 S/N 4989, on PE01 Buffer & Preamplifier board YD2892005-2 the VD1212 dual diodes HE21-HE24 are silkscreened as RE21-RE24 and with resistor symbols. The VD1212 dual diodes are installed correctly so pay attention to the layout. If unsure, the board layout in SM is correct with proper part numbers and symbols. Replace with two 1N4148 diodes soldered together. -->|-->|--
 
Although I've posted this before, I scanned in a copy of the 2270 manual and converted it all to readable text using OCR software and used the best circuit diagram scans I could find and made them into Word & PDF docs. I've also corrected some (but not all) the errors that were found in this post. Using this you should be able to make a "correct" 2270 manual.Here is the link..
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AulYHAx4JToPaA0ARopgvLMJHmM
This link is now broken but here is a working link. Note the online version of MS Word may default to Dark Mode. Go to View>switch background to view as normal. Feel free to download and use as you wish.
model 2270 Updated.docx
 
Marantz 2226B bias adjustment.

Instructions say to place the meter between resistors R757 & R759, then for the other channel between R758 & R760.

If the leads were placed there they would be in the same spot. They mean across the resistors, at the output transistor emitters.

Screenshot (368).jpg
 
Thanks for your answer
I broke the volume slider balance pot and trying to replace it another one that fit from a sansui, same value but different wiring.
It is the 2010 Marantz.
Thanks again
 
...and another gross mistake on Board P700
In the circuit diagram of the 2330B (also the 2285B and possibly others with this main amp board), there is an error regarding Q723 and Q753. The circuit diagram is missing a connection point directly after the base terminal of both transistors! In the original circuit diagram, it looks as if Q723 and Q753 are only connected to the 220 ohm resistor. However, the connection also goes to R734, R736, and C718 (in the Q753, to R780, R784, R786, and C738). Attached are two pictures that show what I mean.



The original

Marantz 2330B Orig. mit Fehlern.jpg

...corrected

Marantz 2330B Q723 korrekt.jpg
 
Similar to other mistakes mentioned here in the past, the 2240B SM incorrectly lists capacitors CE21 and CE22 as 33uF when they should be 3.3uF. Similarly the copy of the manual I have saved on my phone also lists CE05 and CE06 as 47uF when they should be 4.7uF but I just noticed that the copy I have here on my PC lists the correct values, so maybe there's an even later revision that corrects both.
 
Back
Top Bottom