• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marnatz dilemma...to buy or not to buy?

There'll be others, for sure. :thmbsp: Keep your eyes open, and you'll find what you like, at a price that you can live with. When you see the deal that is right for you, you'll know it, as you won't have to ask if it's a good deal or not! :D You did well to pass on most of this stuff, and will enjoy the tuner.
 
Another thing to keep in mind is that it is often worth paying more for one that is local than having one shipped from that auction site. 9 times out of 10 some damage will happen in shipping. I have only had one piece of my gear shipped and the case was trashed. In my area at least 5-10 vintage Marantz receivers come on CL in a given month. I have gotten all of my Marantz gear from there. I just picked up a 2285 with wood case in very good condition for $100 (it will look mint when I am finished with it.) I paid $125 for the 2030 in wood case with gold tone front more than most wanted to pay but it is one of the nicest examples I have. It came with original boxes, manuals, receipt and is in mint condition. Lastly I paid $35 for my 2238b no wood case.
 
I have the 2220 and the 2245 and both are exceptional units in their category. You stated that the 2245 isn't in the best of condition and since I'm a mint condition freak I'd pass, I've seen others come up regulary in mint condition. If the 2220 is in mint condition and working well it would make a good unit for your bedroom. I've given mine to my wife for her back yard get togethers
 
Yes, I am a person that wants both cosmetic and internal quality. I am patient and I know that there will be deals forthcoming.

The tuner was a score. It out performs my NAD 4020a in every way. Anybody need it, lol.

Rick
 
Back
Top Bottom