The thermistor is the component in the circuit between the supply rail (+/-42) and the base of the drive transistor (TO-3), one on each half of the output heatsink. Nominal resistance is 500 Ohms.
The thermistor is the component in the circuit between the supply rail (+/-42) and the base of the drive transistor (TO-3), one on each half of the output heatsink. Nominal resistance is 500
Hello
Is this thermistance (used in MC2125 and MC2205) you are talking about ?
YesHello
Is this thermistance (used in MC2125 and MC2205) you are talking about ?
If you hold your fingers across them, how fast does the resistance drop? Also, they appear to be wrapped in heat shrink. Is there a glass device under that cover? Amphenol may have a device with possibly the necessary characteristics.
Don't forget to keep your fingers off the thermistor when testing!!!![]()
Oh! Hello friend. While it is warm outside, I am enjoying getting out and being with friends and family. A little dirt or grease under the nails is more satisfying feeling rather than some of the draining experiences here on the forum that can leave you exhausted, frustrated and misunderstood.Long time no see. I found a bad diode on board 128-355. Can you help identify. I can't find the newer manual for the 2205 that you mentioned in the earlier post.
Diode FDH400 is installed and the amp is currently on the bench. Both channels track evenly. The amp tested at 136 watts before clipping. Bias is currently idling at 30 watts on start up. This was measured with a speaker load and no signal. The right meter is not working and is next on the list.
I think what caused the fire was that the driver board made contact with the autoformer underneath it. I put some plastic washers on the standoffs to lift up the driver board higher.