• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC250 burnout

Nice job on the MC250!! I had a similar experience with rebuilding one of these, same sort of mess.....
Very satisfying to get a nice result.
Enjoy that amplifier, they have a very luring sound....
 
Just watching --
Very important post/thread ---
I have a 2505 that Terry went through, but that was many years ago...
So Hayseed I may on one of the can caps --

Just bought the real filter caps from McIntosh ...etc

I can relate to the Klipsch Heresy vs Advent thing ... often wondered myself ...
Bought original Advents in the walnut when NEW -- $220 a pair LOL
never blew any drivers -- but stacked them advents sure kicked some ass... Yes this is coming from a long time Klipschorn owner...

BTW Silmic caps have been a really great go to for me --- I have a C26 and had Cerafines in it -- although sounding awesome I swapped w/ Silmic and the evidence in SQ was immediate,

In fac,t the guy that was with me noticed RIGHT off ... of course Synergy is our ultimate ....

keep us posted ,,,

Hangin out chewin popcorn ....

Hope everything works out

~R
 
Back
Top Bottom